GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 04:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite vented kite.  (Read 8861 times)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+26)

« on: November 06, 2011, 08:34 PM »

Just wanting to know what your favorite high-wind vented kite is.  Roll Eyes

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:17 AM »

Atelier Lithium  Wink

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:48 AM »

High Wind kites I own:

Lithium Vented
Voodoo Vented
AirFX Vented
TrickTail Vented
Willie Vented
Skymaster Vented
Speed Limit Vented
Sandpiper Vented
F1 non-vented
Yin-Yang center vent

Kite which flies in high wind the most like the standard flies in lower winds:

Rev 1.5 Full Vent

And I don't even own one, but I do respect it.

Best looking Venteds:

1) Talon
2) Machine
3) Skymaster Full Vent

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Vented Rev II.

Oi n00bie ! There's a ghetto over here for that kind of talk.

Wink

I've never liked any vented kites (he writes having just acquired two) 'cos the winds that they begin to make sense in are generally not winds I really want to be outside in. If it's too strong for a strongly framed Standard carrying some brakes/nappies/thick lines then I'm off to watch TV.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
martijn
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 01:40 AM »

i also prefer a std strong for higher winds cause most vtd kites have differ flight characteristics than std.

but.....i fly nse, sul, ul, std.....and recently bought a vtd 2nd hand....and i like it...a lot!!! flies exact the same as my std and flies pretty early
let say 15km/h.....but in that wind i still fly std offcource....i pick up the vtd with aprox. 25 km/h....a good addition to my set Smiley
inewham
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:27 AM »

Mantis V2 because by using as wah-pads and as little vent as I can get away with, it feels as close as possible to its unvented sibling.

That said I'm in the minority that doesn't mind something pulling like a truck so long as its slow, most people want to reduce the pull

Alternatively for some high wind yank'n'spank an Fury .85 (not vented) with a backbrace and wah pads takes some beating. I Flew mine in winds that were uncomfortable on a Psycho. Why, oh why did I sell it  Cry

RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 05:17 AM »

That said I'm in the minority that doesn't mind something pulling like a truck so long as its slow, most people want to reduce the pull
I'm there too.

I set up the Vented (Industrial) Machine for minimum venting and as little personality change as possible.  My philosophy is "reduce the speed, take a bit of the edge off the pull, deal with the fact that the wind is high".

Of course there are no vented kites I truly like, not even my own.  I look at vented kites as a competition tool, not something I've ever flown purely for pleasure.
Bob D

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 06:21 AM »

I have a vented Nirvana and vented Transfer xt.r. I only like to fly them when the wind speed isn't so high that they need to be fully vented. At higher wind speeds they're almost impossible to trick.  At lower wind speeds, I just want to take the edge off and partially vent them so that they're trickable.

Anything higher and I'll fly my quads. I have a nice vented Rev 1 and vented B Series.

It's been too long since I've been out flying. Keeping up with leaves and then we lost power with the snow storm for 4 days, now the lawn tractor won't start, the leaf blower is having trouble and I have LOTS of leaves to rake. Soon, soon.

Bob D.
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:19 AM »

Rev 1.5 B serries Full and Mid-Vent.

When the wind hits double digits, they are the only kites I fly.
CV

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 10:20 AM »

Lam's Mid-Vent Transformer for me. 

The nice thing about this kite is that, unlike most vents, it flys so low and so well that you don't need a standard. 

6 kite tom
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:44 AM »

I look at vented kites as a competition tool, not something I've ever flown purely for pleasure.

I tend to feel the same way.

The only vented kite I've flown a lot for fun isn't really a high wind kite, more like a 10MPH version of an otherwise too fast kite.

I tend to enjoy a small, strong, kite in high wind. The Area 51, the Jordana, the Psycho and the Vibe have provided a lot more fun than the numerous large venteds I've owned. Even so, 15MPH is often tops for dual line fun flying, at least for this old fat guy.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:00 AM »

For me it's a toss up between the Total Eclipse and the TrickTail.

Of course there's always the Fearless vent, but like Tom says............

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
lylenc

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Vented Rev 1.5 and Vented Rev 2 fly like the standard versions but smoother (less twitch), with less pull and speed. Vented Rev 2 can handle 35 mph or more. Just like dual line kites, you won't be doing much slack line stuff unless you want to work hard for it. The only downside in high winds is having to pick sand out of your teeth and pant cleavage.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 02:16 PM »

You may not believe this but my favorite vented kite is a Pizazz UL. When I bought it from the Forum, I immediately saw that the vents were right in the power alley, nose to trailing edge. It was impossible to get it in the air in my area ( inland winds 90% ). I made some Vent covers and it instantly became a true UL but the unexpected result was that it now flies very well without any vibrations in winds of 15 winds - WITHOUT STRESS. But it also flies in 5 to 6. I flew it at the Nationals this year in about 15 mph - without any problems. A Sw-e-e-e-t ride.

Stoney
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:20 PM by the*real*stoney » Logged
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 02:56 PM »

B-series Xtra Vent!

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document