GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird green & bluee teenie Icons..appearing on all my photos????  (Read 2018 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 07, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Suddenly after downloading photos from my camera via my card reader...these weird little teenie  square blue icons with 3 white check marks.....and then more little green ones with one white check mard...
now appear on every thumbnail photo in both my computers documents-and F drive photos on the lower left corner of each photo?Huh

After contacting my providers...and also calling a couple of local puta'nerds...no one can explain how or why or what these little icons are trying to tell me?

dumb n numba Sketch

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 11:41 AM »

Is this directly viewed from windows explorer or another photo viewer software?
What camera do you have and what is the file format? are they regular .jpg files or raw files from the camera?

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:53 AM »

Here you go.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:01 PM »

lol... good job!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 02:46 PM »

WOW MIKE!! YES!!! U NAILED THAT  GREEN N' BLUE WEENIES ICON  PROBLEMO

I can remember running a full scan the other day about the same timeafter  I downloaded a bunch of photos from my camera.
A HUGE THANKS for your expertise, and that direct  EZ operational  link to my "SNORTIN'NORTON SECURITY SET UP ...( by the way I really enjoy your posts on Fractured Axel forum)
Don "Sketch" exiled here in Gig Harbor wa.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:53 PM by Sketch » Logged
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 03:54 PM »

the google fu is strong with this one

Sine Metu!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:14 AM »

thanks for bringing it up sketch and thank you Mike for the quick fix

have fun kurt
kitebug
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:32 PM »

Nice one, you know i noticed that when comcast switched to Norton, but never gave it much thought. It is in the Norton manage options for the backup that you can turn them off. I use a different backup software so dont need these on.

thanks for the tip, never cross my mind to google it.

Cisco

Volando!
Cisco
Sketch

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:28 PM »

Good OL COMCASTRATE'
I wasted about lots of time...calling the 1-800 COMCAST phone number...talked to 3 different indiviuals at Comcast help phone line who didn't or couldn't give me an EZ answer.
Thanks to Mike...and his " googleee' guiding arrow auto search fix...did the trick..

Yes...GOOD OL'  COMAST N' SNORTIN'NORTON for adding so many new fixin'-features that were just made to drive puta-illiteratso's like me---WAAAAAAAAAAKO! Cry

I took this photo during a pre-med' brain study. I donated the left bank of my brain to make enough enough money to pay for the microscope attachment for my old PRAKTICA 35 mm camera.
I have HATED THE SMELL OF FORMALDAHIDE' EVER SINCE...and that was waaaaay back in 1959 Embarrassed

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:39 PM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document