GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 05:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super...  (Read 4918 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38 AM »

Considering how many Ocius kites have been sold, a lot of people must like those sucky flight characteristics.

And so nice of you to compare the Ocius to a kite you probably haven't flown.  Roll Eyes

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Winged V
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 11:05 AM »

"Flight" characteristics sucked ? Skyburner kite ?
Yeah right.

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 12:44 PM »

When I first got my Ocius, I was a little intimidated with it but once my skills improved, I began to appreciate just how incredible this kite actually is.  I now own 4 Ocius's and love every one of them.  I would say that the Ocius flight characteristics is on par with some of the best made sport kites on the market today.

I know that we have sold many of them and not one has ever been returned.

**sorry to venture off topic**

I would really like the chance to fly this new kite and I hope he does well with it.  This industry could always use more designers/builders and variety.

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 03:42 PM »

According to Chris, shipping to the left coast will be 25 pounds.
That makes the delivered price about $380 @ today's exchange rate.
Good thing its almost Christmas.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Ace

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 05:14 PM »

Considering how many Ocius kites have been sold, a lot of people must like those sucky flight characteristics.

And so nice of you to compare the Ocius to a kite you probably haven't flown.  Roll Eyes

Your right, I have not flown the Super fly, but I also did say that I doubt it would fly as bad. Still do doubt it.
Looking forward to this kite making it's way down under, its good to see new builders on the block, instead of shops shutting their doors.

Yeah right.

A popular Skyburner kite does not make it good....just popular. Whilst the kite does trick, it feels reluctant at times to do so and is less fun and harder to fly,,,, hence for me it sucks!

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 07:40 PM »

Your right, I have not flown the Super fly, but I also did say that I doubt it would fly as bad. Still do doubt it.
Looking forward to this kite making it's way down under, its good to see new builders on the block, instead of shops shutting their doors.

Yeah right.

A popular Skyburner kite does not make it good....just popular. Whilst the kite does trick, it feels reluctant at times to do so and is less fun and harder to fly,,,, hence for me it sucks!

HMM  I haven't found a trick the ocius can't do once you figure out how it liked the inputs. Doncrash has a set(that i have flown on a few occasions) and what he gets out of them pretty much runs the trick gamut.  NOt every kite works for everyone and if it doesn't work for ya that doesn't mean its a bad kite just not the right kite for you.  JUst like a lot of people love the talon but I can't do anything with that kite myself but crash it.  IS it a bad kite? NOpe just not a kite that works for me.

The superfly looks promising and I'd like to try one, but then again most any kite looks good in Chris' hands.  THe focus on turtle based tricks makes me wonder how other tricks are.  Easy turtle based stuff may mean a bit of difficulty in other trick areas.  Strong turtles can mean harder JL's but who knows what this kite will be like in hands other than Chris'.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:56 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
PAW
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10 PM »

A Purple one is mine  Cool
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36 PM »

to bad about the asymetrical colors...
I agree but with symetrical colors, it would be a Benson Phantom...  Wink
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 10:54 PM »

According to Chris, shipping to the left coast will be 25 pounds.
That makes the delivered price about $380 @ today's exchange rate.
Good thing its almost Christmas.

Denny

Denny - Get one. I'd have to stop by then Grin

The kite doesn't look bad. Believe me if you enjoy tricking this kite it will look better and better to you Wink

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Seaslug

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 04:46 AM »

Had a go with the Superfly here in the uk last month and really liked it. It was blowing somewhere between the mid teens and low twenties but chris Chris made it look like the wind was a lot lighter. It doesn't pull too much which is really nice and needs very little slack which is great in that type of wind. Jl's were just fine. I've heard that it is fantastic in lighter wind too. I love the panel layout, classic with touch of anarchy Smiley

Dave.
DWayne

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 08:16 AM »

Chris says there's  4 to 5 week lead time on these right now so you better get yours ordered soon if you want it under the tree Christmas morning.  Cool

Denny

jaydub

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 01:28 PM »

Had a go on the final prototype today in less than ideal wind.

I don't think anybody who has one on order is going to be disappointed.
DWayne

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 03:18 PM »

A Purple one is mine  Cool

And an Orange one is coming my way.  Cool

Denny

DWayne

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 03:50 PM »

I thought this kite would have created some kind of a buzz by now.
Has anyone actually got one yet ?
Any recent reviews around ?

Denny

Hadge

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 04:06 PM »

It seems there have been problems getting the kites out, a few have been doing some of the larger shows and I believe that one or two have got out to customers but a lot of people are still waiting.  To be fair I don't think Chris Goff realised just how much interest there was going to be in the kite and instead of getting the (maybe) tens of orders he was anticipating he got many times more than that. Those that have actually flown the kite seem very impressed.

The full discussion can be found on the FA forum

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum