GWTW Forum
August 31, 2014, 03:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF 21 Videos and discussion  (Read 1384 times)
Yan
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 22, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Big round this! All entrants should have had two emails from me by now... if not please let me know.

All videos can be downloaded from here (528mb!)

Or you can download a score sheet with a link to all entry's separately from here You can even have a go at scoring!

As always there are many people to thank......

First Big thanks to Adrian Bickerstaff who has been working on the new VF website for ages and to Kiteclique.com - probably the best place to look for reviews, tutorials and videos.
Gerado deserves special mention mention for translation services, as does Gui who agreed to be available for French translation should the need arise (which it still might Gui :wink: )

Also everybody who donated Prizes....

1... A 'Superfly' Kite from Chris Goff Kites to be awarded by random draw
2...an Area 51 donated by Krijn...to be awarded by...another method, but not to the winner :wink:
3...1 VF mug financed by the left over beer kitty from the UK trick comps and will be awarded to random draw of people who have flown in a Tricks Party or similar freestyle competition with an arena and judges. (So please let me know when you submit your entry)
4...2 VF mugs to be awarded by random draw
5...1 set of Benson Straps, (knuckle Dusters and regular finger)... you know the ones, with the special Jon Ward sourced material :wink:
6...1 set of California Straps (Wrist Straps and one pair of 3-finger Straps.)- Lovely straps made by a fellow flyer in the winter evenings - some help with postage will be needed for these - to be paid to the manufacturer.
7...1 XL sized FA hoodie, limited edition colour

Don't forget that the VF banner starts it's world tour this round and hopefully will come back in a year or two (before/when it gets too battered to carry on) with all the winners autographs Cool

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:52 PM »

Hi Yan. I have not entered yet but just wanted to say THANK YOU for your dedication and hard work taking over the reigns from Mike

have fun kurt
ghfisanotti

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:06 PM »

Hi Yan. I have not entered yet but just wanted to say THANK YOU for your dedication and hard work taking over the reigns from Mike

Definitely, thanks a lot Yan!

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:01 PM »

I've just taken a quick glance through the videos - WOW!  Some very impressive flying this round for sure!

Smiley

-Tom

6 kite tom
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:48 PM »

taking over the reigns from Mike
It's not easy being King of VF but a new high score for entrants tells the story.

Mike,
(reins, not reigns)

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Yan

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 02:24 AM »

Definitely, thanks a lot Yan!

Your all welcome! Best bit for me is the contact I have with flyers all over the world Grin The IT side seems to be a bit of stretch tho' Shocked

Reposted from FA ......
Quote from: adicakes
Hi everyone,

I did a little renaming to fix people's issues with the download.  The download URL is now:

http://virtualfreestyle.com/video/VF21/VF21.zip

It'd be great if someone could please post this update on GWTW too.

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 06:50 PM »

I've just taken a quick glance through the videos - WOW!  Some very impressive flying this round for sure!

Smiley

-Tom

I'm definitely not an IT kind of guy, but am at a loss as to how to see these vids on Windows XP.  I can download the file, but it won't play on Windows Media, other than sound on a few.......leaves me quite frustrated to hear the kite but not see it. Angry

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02 PM »

Hey Jim... try downloading the VLC player, it will play just about any media type...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The videos have been awesome so far... haven't gotten a chance to watch them all yet. Bummed I couldn't get something together to send in this time, good luck to you all with winning that great looking new kite !

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:05 PM by RobB » Logged

Yan

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00 AM »

nearly half the scores are back...

There is only 30 points between the top ten :shock: with the top place having 193.3 points! Cool

Yan

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 03:22 AM »

Just got a couple of last minute scores to add in....

Results will be out soon, although the draws may take a day or two longer.

Bear with me, can't rush this bit :wink:

Yan

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 11:02 AM »

Scores sent to Adrian for publication on the new website  Wink

Won't be long..... might have to allow for the time difference tho'.

All being well I will do the draw video tomorrow evening.

I will draw for the Superfly first....

Ooh, and i know the winner of the Area 51.... all will be revealed on the website   :badgrin: Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document