GWTW Forum
September 23, 2014, 09:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eolo Over vs. Other Kite  (Read 1508 times)
SagitaX
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 04, 2011, 02:50 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am from Slovakia (Europe), so excuse my bad english Smiley

I'm average flyer and my kite is very limited for me by now with trick potencial.

I need an advice with choice of new kite. I have 200 budget to buy new kite and I'm pretty sure I want Eolo Over. But Prism E3 cost eqally to Over and I don't know whitch kite is better with materials, quality and flying (trick) abilities. If I pay 200 for kite I want to be sure that kite is right choice.

So my qestions: Is Eolo Over best choice in this price or Prism E3 is better? Or is better other kite in this price category? whitch one is best kite for 200?

200 is my top. I have not more money and I do not want to pay more than 200 for kite by now, maybe latter, when I'm better flyer...

Thank you for any answer...
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:56 PM »

I like the Over Smiley It's a great kite. Not too fast and very tricky.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
jaydub

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 03:46 PM »

I'm a fan of the Over as well, but have never flown an E3 so can't give a comparison.

Alex Belov finished third in a recent round of Virtual Freestyle (VF17) flying an Over, so it's a very capable kite.
Hadge

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18 AM »

The Over is a very good kite and probably the better of the two kites you mention - Prism have had a few quality control issues in the past.  Another kite you might want to look at is the HQ Infinity - very nice all round kite, a bit more modern than the Over but still very tricky.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54 AM »

I'd go for the Eolo Neox instead as a beginners kite. It's a bit less expensive, it tricks easier, doesn't pull as much as it's brother (Over) in higher winds but despite it's smaller wingspan it feels like a bigger kite. Backflip is deeper and it pitches very well.

I flew all 3 kites and used to have an Over which is an amazing kite at a great price. The Neox is just better suitable for learning to fly and trick IMHO. Only downside is taz's, can't beat an Over at that.

I didn't like the E3 at all. Was dissapointed since i'm an Eclipse fan.
onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51 PM »

thumbs up on the Over.  had one and liked it very much.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
SagitaX

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 01:46 AM »

thank you for response, I decided to buy Over, only need to find good price on Slovak e-shops.

I have another questions: I want to fly with over for years so I want to keep it in perfect condition, is there any mods you use to this kite? My old kite needed change bridle and glue somethings like nose and stand-offs. Need Over some mods too?

And on my old kite 3 point bridle was good but I change it to dynamic bridle (http://wardley.org/kites/bridle/index.html#Bridle_Construction). This dynamic bridle increased his trickability, stability and other important things for advanced tricks. Are you using 3 point bridle? Have you your own bridle design? Is bridle on over in good setup? And last question for now, what kind of wind Over like? Is It low wind or high wind? I prefer low wind and I hope Over too Smiley
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 02:48 AM »

You don't need to make changes. Older spec Overs had the lower/inner bridlepoint at the center cross, but they've changed it to a lower position on the spine.

The only issue with Eolo is the fact that they used to use bad glue. You might need to check all glued c-clips since they tend to come loose after the first few sessions. My Over was an old Ventex version, maybe they've improved the production process to avoid these issue's on today's Icarex versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document