GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Santa.....  (Read 558 times)
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 06, 2011, 12:07 PM »

......I've been very good this year so can I Pleeease have one of these!! ( OK, I know it's not a kite but come on, it's awesome) (Yes I am a big kid at heart!).  Grin

Air Swimmers - Awesome RC Flying Shark and Clownfish!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:14 PM »

And they are totally silent....

So you can have the fish bump into the back of someone's head and have them turn around to see the shark. If you were mean, which I'm not.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:31 PM »

And they are totally silent....

So you can have the fish bump into the back of someone's head and have them turn around to see the shark. If you were mean, which I'm not.

I am. Kind of. So, if I find that idea more than a little appealing.... I guess that says a lot about me. I LOVE these suckers and came really close to buying one. I can't remember where I saw them on display-- someplace like Big 5 Sporting Goods? Walgreens? Who knows. They weren't all that expensive, but I wonder how hard it would be to refill the helium and how much that would cost? Where would you go to refill it?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:39 PM »

They are awesome indeed but I read the helium lasts for only 6 hours!
So you really need to refill it often.
The deposits for refill get you up to 6 refills according to the instructions and, if I don't recall wrongly, they were about 35 Euros in Barcelona (around $47). So it is not VERY expensive, but it is not cheap either. Especially if children start messing around with them and if they want to play with them very often and for a long time...

We were actually going to buy 3 (one for my son, one for two nephews on one side of the family and one for three nephews on the other) for this Chritsmass, but I talked myself and my wife out of buying them because of these reasons...   Sad

Cheers,

N.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58 PM »

Thanks for the Christmas idea!!!

Just ordered 2 sharks (full kits) from Amazon with an addiitonal 2 replacements (Clown fish and Bass) fish. Total (with free shipping) was $66.46

My (grown) kids will love 'em!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:24 PM »

I keep oogling these but look at the cost of the helium as too much of a downside.  The price of helium has skyrocketed as there are few plants that make it. This coming from someone who used to buy a large tank of helium about every two weeks.
I wonder if you could use the spray that you use on balloons to make the helium last longer?

Sine Metu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document