GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 04:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chico Fly Last Sunday  (Read 989 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 11, 2011, 05:42 PM »

Finally got a chance to post a few Pics of the fly last Sunday, Only got a chance to take some pics of Bobs Home made kites, he is quit an artist, hope he doesn't mind me posting pics of his kites, wind was pretty light, Mike and I got some time on our Aerobes (Wala), Rhonda got cold feet, (I hate being cold), and when your feet get cold there's no getting warm, Ted had his Urban Ninja going and when the wind picked up just a bit got the TNT in the air, Steve even gave it a whirl just as the wind was dying off to zero again, Overall a fantastic day lots of good company. Thanks to you all.
For those Ripon Flyer's sorry I wasn't able to get down there this weekend, to much to do around the house today.

Ted's Urban Ninja

Bob's Man In The Moon Stacker

And with the Moon in the Background

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Great time dispite the lack of wind and chilly weather, thanks for the pics John. Here's a couple I took, the man in the moon train is "Shopped' to bring the moon back into the frame after cropping, I just couldn't get the line to get all the kites and the moon on a big zoom, love your shot with just the four though. As you can see I was all the way to the far end of the field against the restrooms and shooting through the tree's to get the Canard shot, took awhile for the wind to get the kite in the right place through the branches and in front of the moon -it is only cropped. click for 1280 wide

Oh & I got a bit of time on the Freestylist UL, nice slots built in to it so I had some fun. I didn't really expect that since I hadn't fully enjoyed that kite before other then it gets into the air in those wisps of wind, I do need to put some leaders on those 50lb x 80's though, I couldn't get them out of the way except on the slots.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:36 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DonCrash

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53 PM »

cool pics, especially with the moon  Cool

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:46 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I got a shot of a 40 kite train this summer.  This is one Great photo moment.  I really loved the "Man in the Moon " Kites.  I just saved the photo as wallpaper...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
alcrbo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 01:42 PM »

Good job on the photos John and Mike.

You guys most certianly have a better "eye for the shot" than I do !!!

Hummm..........

Next project.......Teds Urban Ninja(s)  Cool

Bob
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 07:24 AM »

I tried to get you and Ted flying your Ninja's together one time but didn't have the camera out, so I used the phone. Needless to say they were not worthy of posting  Sad 

Phone cams are ok for portraits, shooting scenery or anything over 30 feet away and in my experience they suffer from a lack of sharpness. Maybe it's because the lens cover is always grubby from my fingerprints?

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document