GWTW Forum
April 15, 2014, 09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS!  (Read 1135 times)
coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« on: December 18, 2011, 11:55 AM »

Tappin on my EVO

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:19 PM »

A colorful set of ornaments you have there.  Smiley

And to you also, Merry Christmas. 

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Hey, I recognized one of those..  Wink
coop

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 06:49 AM »

Its probably my favorite. I reframed it in skyshark.  Smiley

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
coop

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53 AM »

I always had the green fade HQ Passion on my want list, but never got around to getting one.  Lips sealed

The Passion is one of my top 3 to fly. Its a really sweet kite. Its probably at this point my most modern kite. (although I do have a C21 I picked up from someone here). Not pictured are 3 more spinoffs, a NoNaMe, two flexi-foils, and another Hawaiian, and the C21. I really like the old school stuff. I have an MEFM on the way soon as well. Next year I am going to get a BMK Mamba.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:55 AM by coop » Logged

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13 AM »

iirc it was gforce correct? what do you see as the difference between the two frames now?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
coop

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:14 AM »

iirc it was gforce correct? what do you see as the difference between the two frames now?

Smeagol is refering to the sunset Spinoff, I reframed it in Skyshark P300. It is lighter then the fiberglass tubes, but mainly I like the appearance of the connectors, I even heat shrink covered the bungee knots.

But if youre refering to the Pasion, yes, its G-Force.

I also reframed the team hawaiin with G-Force LE's and P300 spreaders and spine. Lightened it up, flys in a bit lighter wind now.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:18 AM by coop » Logged

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Nice!  Is it a big difference?

-Mike
coop

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 11:19 AM »

Its a little stiffer and lighter, so the wind range came down a little bit. But over all still flys like a Spinoff.  Smiley

DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 03:31 PM »

Love me some vintage flyers!

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography