GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 05:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WMG and YouTube at it again  (Read 843 times)
johnfarl
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:56 PM »

In 2008 and 2009 we were getting a lot of audio being blocked because of a dispute between YouTube (Google) and WMG over the fees that were being paid.  It was evidently resolved and the blocking stopped.  It seems that again the fight is on and in the past couple of months I have had a couple of video's on YouTube with the audio and the video blocked.  This is just bs where neither Google (YouTube) or WMG care about the customer.  Trouble is a lot of great music is now owned by WMG so you either avoid
WMG or figure a way around.  There is not even an option of paying a royality without hiring a lawyer.

So the only solution I can come up with is to use Vimeo.  Because of their size WMG is not trying to get their greedy chops into them.  I have used them recently with great success and do reccomend vimeo.

Only problem with vimeo is the search capabilities are not comparable to YouTube.

John
johnfarl

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:01 PM »

I haven't tried this but it looks legit.  Check it out.

How to bypass WMG Copyright
johnfarl

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33 PM »

OK I just tried with a song that had been blocked and it worked.  So you sort of tell them where to go and they back off.  What a stupid game.
Check this video out
Kite Altar with a Rev.wmv
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 11:04 PM »

This is just bs where neither Google (YouTube) or WMG care about the customer
In Google's case you aren't the customer, You are the product.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:57 AM »

ouch steve; but it's true.

you have now penned the most insightful one liner I've seen on this forum. well played sir.

Fdeli
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 08:46 AM »

Yup, that's well put, but it's really the case for all media that lives on advertising. TV has been been delivering mass quantities of eyes and ears to its customers for generations.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:49 AM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum