GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 05:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antelope Island 2012  (Read 3283 times)
Wakeless Kites
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 27, 2011, 06:30 AM »

For the 4th year since kites were introduced to this event officially, the Antelope Island Stampede Festival promises to be a great time. I have been humbled by the comments and rave reviews the event has received from kite fliers and makers who have attended. My goal for the event has always been a good time for the kite fliers, no real agenda and only a minor schedule for some demos. Show up, fly, visit, eat, drink, enjoy.  I am sure some of you have read the articles in kiting and Kitelife, here is a link for those who havenít;
http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/issue80/antelope-island-stampede-2011/content.php
Here is a link for the event website;
http://www.antelopeislandstampede.com/
and the Facebook link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/events/145679315526047/

I have the official dates for AISF 2012, August 31, Sept 1 and 2 and then this year, we will be extending the event for a few days after, UN officially, calling it KiteStock 2012. This will be a chance for the kite fliers to decompress, hang out and do whatever. Camping will be available on the island and I am working on getting some discount rates for the hotels in Layton Utah. There are a lot of details to still be worked out and as they are I will post them for you.
So there are only 9 months or so to go, if you are interested in attending, please let me know either thru this forum, the facebook link or email me directly at kevinbbayless@comcast.net.
Thanks
Kevin
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23 AM »

Just 5 short months away, gonna be a great time.  Will have a list of discounted hotels for the event in the next month also a list of attending fliers as well....
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:47 PM »

I will be there and am planning on dragging several kiters there!

I plan on getting there Thursday and staying until Monday.

I plan on staying on the island.

I am very excited about the time and would love to be on any update list or email group that you have.

I went to Callaway Nebraska last yr and was disappointed that there were not more kiters.  I really wanted to meet others and fly with others.  Unfortunately, my group was the bulk of the fliers.  Heck, I fly with them every Sunday!

Paul Glasspoole
jeepersjoey@yahoo.com
Colorado

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:50 PM »

here is a partial list of people attending this year;

I Quad with;
John B.
TK
Bazzer
Steve DeRooy
David "monkey" Hathaway
Willow
Penny Lingenfelter
Spence "Watty" Watson
Somon Crafts
Ron Bohart
Ron Gibian
Dean Jordan
Scott Skinner
Jose Sainz
Corey Jensen
Rod and Cindy Thrall
Rhonda Brewer
Lindsey Johnson
John Pollock
Ben D'Antonio
Kevin Reynolds
Nic O'Neill
Paul de Bakker
Kent Kingston

With more to come I am sure.

This event is not a comp, or endless string of Demos, it is a gathering a kite fliers and kite makers bringing kites and kite flying to the people.

Gonna be so much fun Grin

minor spelling update. Il Duce
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:11 PM by chilese » Logged
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:27 PM »

As an update, we had a committee meeting last night and this year we will also have paragliding on the island. This is a pretty major deal as the island has a no manned flight rule, either powered or not! We are planning on having several pilots at least doing demos.

Also working on another completely new twist for a kite demo that has not been done before...... more info on that later   Cool
jeepersjoey

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Please add a midnight lighted kite flight.  Announcing will allow people to be ready with the lights (not just on their kites, but also their bodies).

We did this at Callaway last yr and it was amazing!

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 04:47 AM »

The event runs into the night Friday and Sat night until at least 10:30, with bands and fireworks after the bands are done, we will be flying kites as well, wind allowing, so do bring your light kits and night fly gear. This is a kite fliers gathering, the only expectations are that you have a good time, enjoy the island and bring kites to the people, there will be some demos during the day but for the most part it is more of a fun fly format.

By all means, lets brighten up the night sky..... Smiley
jeepersjoey

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 04:40 AM »

Now all I have to do is to cut four extension cords 120 ft long to run the REV christmas lights.

Oh...there will be light!

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Do you plug those lights into an RV, generator or just use a car battery?
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:58 PM »

what kind of anchors work best out there kevin? ,, only a month away Wink

Wakeless Kites

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 04:39 PM »

this just in from the Antelope Island Group page,

Wow! As the host hotel for the Antelope Island Stampede, the @HiltonGardenInn-Layton is offering a $69 rate for Labor Day weekend. That's about HALF their normal rate. You can sleep in, too, cuz the events don't start til noon on Sat and Sun. (801) 416-8899
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33 PM »

just 3 weeks to go, folks this is gonna be so much more than just a kite festival, it will be a gathering of kite flyers, enjoying the beautiful site, each other and having one hell of a great time. If you can see you way to get here, do it. This one will be talked about and you want to be a part of it.
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Quit it... You guys have a great time. We'll be kickin in Ripon. Not a hijack, just well wishing. Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52 PM »

I'll be there!

Looking forward to the road trip.  Smiley

Update: I may have gotten the last room at the special rate, but they are nice folks and may be flexible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:39 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document