GWTW Forum
November 24, 2014, 04:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devin teaching a Pro Dancer to fly  (Read 1918 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: December 28, 2011, 06:58 PM »

Little Creep-O did this video so I posted it.  The kid is amazing.  The wind was SSSssooo Bad that day.  He drove over an hour to fly in No Wind.  Out comes the Pro Dancer.  He is doing 360's one way and then back again.  Jon could not keep up with the moves.  He did a 900 that on it's first turn did not look like it would make it.  I watched in shock as it rotated twice.  The one he does in the video is second rate to what didn't get filmed.  This is a Great video.  Nice timing and presentation. Good Job Dev... you inspire many of us to try harder.

Huh Huh  Notice the tracking of the Pro Dancer nice sharp straight lines.  The Kid makes it look easy.  But he treats her like a lady. 

Pro Dancer SUL
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:02 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:14 PM »

Op, it's posted. Usually I send it to Jon unlisted and get the 'ok' before posting here, but it's public now youtube because it's been posted here now, so I guess I'll just change the settings.

Thanks for the nice comments Joe. Hope to see you friday with some stacks!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:22 AM »

OOOOPppsss!!!!  Undecided  One has to watch the tracking of the PDSUL Damn can't fly mine like that.   Although I did do a nice 540 on the Christmas vid. Those 900's are scary  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Can you say "RED BULL " ...  All I have to do now is convince you to quit school and just take the job at the kite store.  I need some help.  Should he get his degree in College or fly kites and be broke ??  There seems to be one choice.  Do we have anyone who lives in Haiti or some exotic country were we can Buy you a degree for $50 bucks Huh?   Then you can fly.... pretty simple.  Move to warm slightly breezy weather/or Cold Windy Chicago and Term Papers. Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:49 PM »

The music should say it all...............Forrest Gump was a success living life like a 'box of chocolates" Smiley

Nice flying Devin.

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 01:42 PM »

Wow!....love the white! very classy!
Hey vertigo..how does the pro dancer SUL compare to the Ocius SUL?
Im loving my Ocius SUL at the moment and would love to have another SUL:)

vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 08:13 AM »

The Pro Dancer is very smooth,soft flyer.  As you can view from the video Devin can put her through many tricks and she does it with grace.  However, she is a Lady and doesn't like her hair messed up too much. 

Her cousin Ocius Sul is a different breed.  She's a slap happy brat that can do it all in light wind.  She has "Yo Yo" stopper's which gives her the capablitiy to do Roll Up's.  It gives her the ability to show case her style and moves.

Pro Dancer vs. Ocius Sul .... You can never go wrong owning both of these kites.  I would have done a 360 with the Pro Dancer this summer if the light pole wasn't there.  We flew them late at night in a parking lot.  I don't think I can do a 360 with a Ocius Sul.

A couple clips from Sept.20th this year... Ocius Sul

Sept20thsul.wmv

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum