GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TISKC benefit event: Saber II (std. or UL)  (Read 1058 times)
robot
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 24, 2011, 11:30 AM »

For the third year running, AKA Grandmaster kitemaker Will Sturdy is donating one of his hand-built trick kites to raise funds for the Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships (held in Treasure Island, Florida, on January 14 and 15). You don't have to be at the event to win the kite.

This year, the winner of the raffle gets to choose a Standard or UL (a.k.a Light Saber) version of his Saber II, and he or she can also choose the accent colors.

As in previous years, tickets cost 10 USD each, and there is a limit of 50 tickets offerred. The deadline for reserving tickets is January 8, or (which is more likely) when all the tickets are gone. If interested in reserving chances to win, or if you have questions, e-mail me at:
rboerth (at) earthlink (dot) net

I will confirm the e-mail with information about payment.

All proceeds go directly to offsetting the costs of this annual sport kite competition.

For more information about the event, visit http://www.easternleague.net/events/1001

Thanks to Will Sturdy again for his generosity in donating one of his spectacular kites.  Smiley
robot

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Tickets are still available for the Saber II to benefit the Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships. Many of you already know about this kite, but if you are curious to see the maker putting the kite through its paces, here is a video:
Saber II

If you want to reserve any slots, e-mail me at: rboerth (at) earthlink (dot) net
robot

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:22 AM »

And the winner is . . . Dave Meeks!!   Smiley

Thanks to all who participated in Saber II/Light Saber event. We had a terrific competition at Treasure Island, and the support of folks like Will Sturdy and the kite enthusiasts made it all possible.
spencers dad

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:31 PM »

Can't believe I won a Will Strudy Light Saber, Thanks Robbie for putting on a great event..
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Awesome news for Dave!  Hope I can get down to TI next year. 
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48 PM »

I have a Light Saber and absolutely love it.  I traveled to San Diego for 3 days of kite flying at it was one of two kites I brought (the other was my first REV that I ordered 10.5 weeks earlier and received a day before I left).

I have ~40 kites and the Light Saber is the one I brought!  Congrats...you will really like it.

I bought 2 tickets hoping to a big winner...but alas, it proved again, I am a loser.  hehe

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document