GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 03:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Wild Life  (Read 557 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 04, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Not Kite related but got a little video of some Deer up at my Mom and Dads place over the 1st, neat to witness bucks jousting.

Wild Wild Life

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Great shots John, you could be the next Marlin Perkins.

The deer here are getting pretty used to people too out of necessity. Due in a large part to their overpopulation with the destruction of their natural predators and so many people moving into the foothill's. They are now living right in the middle of Chico in the Lower Park, which is only a block wide in area's and surrounded by housing. One small herd(?) is feeding at the golf course a couple blocks from our kite field. I don't know what we charge them for green fee's, $14.95 all you can eat?   Cheesy

They'll probably soon be classified as a nuisance along with rats & mice.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:49 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:09 PM »

Really nice ... We have a number of Great Bike paths around here.  You can ride from1 mile to 75 miles ..traffic free.  Going up the Paint Creek Trail heading north.  I usually do a quick 20 mile round trip in 90 minutes.  Beautiful setting.  Everytime I ride I'd see at least one deer.  I rode next to a buck and Doe on the trail and did a Mpeg.  I always bragged about the number of deer.  Citizens of Rochester Hills Mi. got confronted on a Deer problem..So they voted a Kill.  Now the numbers are way down.  No more multiple sightings or Fawns.  They left the Turkeys.  Pobably gonna take a couple more years before the population increases again.  <---Never into eating Deer. A Hamburger is O.K. by me.  Ever notice when you talk to a hunter and tell them you don't like the taste of Deer.  They use fancy name Venicine Huh?  Deer.  But they tell you it wasn't cooked right.  Every time across the country McDonalds taste the same.  Vertigo Out !!!   Cheesy

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 01:03 PM »

My Dad loved hunting up in the Modoc area of NE Calif, high desert stuff. The deer there are living off sage and manzanita, talk about a "gamey" flavor. The best thing you can do with it is to slice it thin, marinate it for a day or two in Worcestershire and/or Soy sauce, pepper it heavy and cure it into jerky.

Even though there are more deer in California then there were before "Civilization" arrived here and sightings are pretty commonplace I still enjoy seeing them every time. Pretty and graceful animals.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography