GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 06:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor kite videos, Wren, Pro Wren, Nik Nak, Itrix and questions ..  (Read 6166 times)
farfennoogen
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 06, 2009, 11:47 PM »

I've heard things about the wren and the pro wren but never have gotten the chance to see how they fly and or flown one ..

Is there anyone that may either have a video to share or a review of there experiences perhaps some short footage Huh.... I've really had to search for hours to just see pictures of the kite but no videos that i know as of yet ....

I am interested in buying a "trickable" indoor kite that exceeds my prism 3d as I've found it to be a bit too flimsy for my flying ..

I'm really not trying to break the bank on an indoor kite either ... (hence y im looking into the Wren )

One question i have is will the Wren trick Huh  How well does it do in a fade ??
 Flick flack ?? cascade ( rising or lowering), perhaps comete ...  any videos out there of such actions taking place ??

If there are any videos of the wren or pro wren hopefully they can be seen here for others that are just as curious as i am ..  Cool

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated .. I'm pretty much looking for a 0-5 m.p.h. wind range ... I have the 5 m.p.h wind and up covered ... any videos of other SUL kites are appreciated as well  Wink

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:27 AM by farfennoogen » Logged
kiten00b
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:53 PM »

both wrens can do a few tricks, but they tend to take a lot of room to come out of a fade, forget flic-flacs and pitch tricks.
they'll do axels and flat spins and fly with very little effort in no wind
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52 AM »

Several Wren videos at these 2 sites hosted by BASKL's John Gillespie. The videos are several years old and we were not the greatest of fliers.

The Wren is about the least trickable kite aside from a few spin based tricks.

http://www.marindv.com/Events/031108/index.htm

http://www.marindv.com/Events/030222/index.htm

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
rxburner
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27 AM »

The Wren it a great beginner Indoor Kite.
Indoor flying is not as much about tricking as it is grace and beauty to the music.
I have been waiting to get my hands on a Focus Kites "Echo".
here is a short clip of me playing with the Wren (and Itrix at the end).
A Day at the YMCA

Rx
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:30 AM by rxburner » Logged
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:59 AM »

Is there anyone that may either have a video to share or a review of there experiences perhaps some short footage Huh

You could enjoy this video that I made three years ago. It was more about me wanting to make a video than displaying my astounding flying skills. At least the music is nice  Wink

The Pro Wren is a pleasant enough indoor kite - floaty but with a quick pitch (at least for 90) and spin, some intelligent design and build notes too rather than "just" a regular kite built very light. Like most indoor kites it can stick in certain positions (ie; Fade) so you need to know a few indoor-specific moves to extricate it.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:01 AM »

The Wren is really a purpose built indoor kite. I don't enjoy flying it outdoors with any air movement. What makes it effortless indoors makes it frustrating when there is a little bit of air to push it around. I love my Wren.

The Pro Wren is a bigger heavier kite that is more of an indoor outdoor. Really excellent kite. Old skool, but in the same class as the Vapor and Vanishing Point.

Allen, AKA kitehead
farfennoogen

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02 PM »

thank you all for your replys  Grin   ... I definitely appreciate the responses  Smiley

I think I'm looking for a kite that can do jacobs ladders along with some of the more modern type tricks but yet be used indoor ..  I know that it will be a challenge but im sure someone out there has a video of a kite able to do such things ...I know i can get my 3d to do fades and some lazy susans ...I would figure that there would be a better kite than the 3d for such things ...

I've seen video on youtube of the Itrix  and it seems to be more along the lines of what im looking for .. any luck with videos on these ?? Other than the youtube footage ... these indoor flyers seem to be rather scarce online and in the public .... surprising due to them being out in the market for many years now ... I'm open to suggestions for a new indoor that can do what my skills are capable of ...

I'm just trying to fly on a budget and keeping my indoor tricking dreams alive ...  Cool 

Perhaps i should change this post to Indoor kites that have potential that are still on the market ... ( still with Videos and pics and comments )

thanks to each and every one of you that have posted and shared information and videos ... It has helped me save my money and find what i am looking for all in one swoop .....  Grin

you guys rock !!!!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:32 PM by farfennoogen » Logged
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:28 PM »

Several Wren videos at these 2 sites hosted by BASKL's John Gillespie. The videos are several years old and we were not the greatest of fliers.

The Wren is about the least trickable kite aside from a few spin based tricks.

http://www.marindv.com/Events/031108/index.htm

http://www.marindv.com/Events/030222/index.htm

Hey John...

Thanks for those links, those videos were pretty cool. I was wondering if you knew what kind of kite Brent Jensen was flying ? That looks like the best performing kite of the first group. I enjoy my Ozone the more I fly it, but don't think it's really a zero wind kite. The Wren that I bought second hand was so beat up and broken, I never bothered to try to fly it.

~Rob.

kiten00b
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:31 PM »

what kind of kite Brent Jensen was flying ?

maybe a
level one amazing
farfennoogen

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 07:42 AM »

rxburner,

Man that was a cool video .... I really liked the Itrix !!! that looked like what i was talking about ... being able to do fade's lazy's and jacobs !!!  Awesome job !!!

you wouldnt happen to have any more footage of that Itrix laying around would ya Huh I was watching and was like "Boioioi oiiing " almost blew a gasket  Cheesy

that was great ...

What are peoples thoughts on the Nik Nak ??

I really wish there were more videos of people doing indoor stuff .... I like flying in the wind don't get me wrong but i guess its the whole "your not supposed to be able to do that" thing that makes the indoor thing fun and amazing to me, that and to me its about having control of your kite .. once you watch enough video's online you can really tell a difference between someone that has control and someone that is trying to control .. often more times than not the person is over steering and whipping the kite around as opposed to making precise motions and the kite seem to float and move to the fliers intent ..
 Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:28 AM by farfennoogen » Logged
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 09:52 AM »

the Nik-Nak   is  a very  fine  kite   but  if  I was  going  indoor  I would  go  with  the  I-nak   I have  some  video  of  it be  flown  last  year by  Jon T.   but  for the  life  of me  I have  no  clue   about  how to post it   from my computer

Good air always Bobby
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 10:59 AM »

Nik Nak is nice, but more of an outdoor SUL. It's old skool, so you prolly wouldn't be doing Jacob's Ladders with it.

There are a lot of indoor videos out there.

Allen, AKA kitehead
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 11:47 AM »

There's an Itrix in the swap that I've been toying with buying - good deal on a nice looking one if you are looking....

I saw Toby flying his iNak at Long Beach indoor festival some time ago - I couldn't buy one fast enough, very nice flying indoor.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:06 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
farfennoogen

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 12:16 PM »

dang i didnt know that ... ima have to look at the swap and see if i cant bag it   Grin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:24 PM by farfennoogen » Logged
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:04 PM »

the Nik-Nak   is  a very  fine  kite   but  if  I was  going  indoor  I would  go  with  the  I-nak   I have  some  video  of  it be  flown  last  year by  Jon T.   but  for the  life  of me  I have  no  clue   about  how to post it   from my computer

What st said

*st3307* you'd have to get a you tube, vimeo or other hosting service then embed it here, Steve can't host a video locally here, would love to see it though if you can, or email it to me. Had fun watching all the ones links here.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum