GWTW Forum
December 29, 2014, 06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor kite videos, Wren, Pro Wren, Nik Nak, Itrix and questions ..  (Read 6260 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 01:25 PM »

From another thread, an outdoor UL being flown indoors. You can fly anything indoors with enough work and a smooth technique, hasn't Lam been known to fly a vented Sea Devil indoors? Now there's a kite capable of whatever you can throw at it

Prediction UL able to fly as indoor kites
 Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:27 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
farfennoogen

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 10:22 PM »

dang ... that kite looks huge man  Huh

Big area ta fly in too  Wink

I got the video of the I nak from St3307 that im going to post up here for others to see ..

I've decided on the double zero .. but still wish to keep this post alive and active if any of you like indoor flying and videos feel free to post them up here or links here of any other kites used for indoor or 0 wind as i feel that it really helps the community to find what they are looking for when searching for a sul or indoor flyer .. especially people new to indoor flying or zero wind flying ...

videos speak wonders what a kite can do in skilled hands  Grin

video is still processing but will be up and runing shortly
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Kaasplank

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 04:01 AM »

http://www.flyingkites.nl/video/Indoor%202006.wmv

I'm flying the Itrix in this video. Very trickable indoor kite with some added weight. Take some effort but it flies well.
farfennoogen

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23 AM »

I been watching that video for about a year man ... some sweet flyin in there for sure ... I even left a comment about it last time i was waching it in youtube ...  Cheesy
johnfarl

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 05:51 PM »

thank you all for your replys  Grin   ... I definitely appreciate the responses  Smiley

I think I'm looking for a kite that can do jacobs ladders along with some of the more modern type tricks but yet be used indoor ..  I know that it will be a challenge but im sure someone out there has a video of a kite able to do such things ...I know i can get my 3d to do fades and some lazy susans ...I would figure that there would be a better kite than the 3d for such things ...

I think the best kite for those kind of tricks is Reflection by Focus kites.  Here are a couple of my vids with the Reflections
Granada Indoor Kite Ballet April 2009

Angelina April of 2009

I end the first one with part of a JL.  I am not able to link steps on the JL but that is just me.  This kite can do all the pitch moves and it is sweet in a spinning state.  The other day I started to get some TAZ out of it.

I have flown INAK, L1 Amazing.  Neither compares to the Reflection in trick capability.  The Reflection would a little more difficult for a beginner as it is not as floaty.  The fade on the Reflection is great.  It is a natural stable state for that kite if you just let it fade.

John
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 11:00 AM »

Very nice John, thanks

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
farfennoogen

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 01:31 PM »

yea that was some good flying Smiley

Anyone else got some videos ta share ?

Grin
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16 PM »

That Granada piece was beautiful. Your flying was wonderful to watch.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 09:41 PM »

Not one of the referenced kites, but still:

http://www.atelierkites.com/kites/double-zero/std/videos.php
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:49 PM by JimB » Logged
farfennoogen

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 10:53 PM »

yea it doesnt need to be one of the referenced kites either ... any indoor  or Sul video is fine  Grin

Jim thats the kite im getting tomorrow in the mail  Wink and i cant wait to take it out and see how it flies  Cheesy

I might make a video so theres more out there about the double zero as the videos on that site and the one on youtube are the only ones ive found on that particular kite ...

keep it coming folks !!! i know there gotta be more people that  are interested in Sul flying and indoor flying Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum