GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 05:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stack em' if U got em' Devin /Mike added another Video  (Read 1119 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: January 05, 2012, 09:25 PM »

We just got our new Five stacks.  They are Visions by Premier.  One of Jon's earlier designs.  He took them and did special Sky Shark carbon frame work.  Notice how smooth they fly.. Guy is the Best.  Our tails are not in yet.  Grumberg transitionals are going to look Great  Grin .  Also got new Video program.... things are going to look a bit better in future. 

Little-Creep-O Videos presents :   

Stack em' if U got em'.wmv
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:20 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52 PM »

So glad we finally have these done. Smiley
Nice video, and I like your new program! See you tomorrow.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Vision would be a nice size for a stack, what did Jon frame them in? The way the spreader bent in the shot of Devin installing a standoff makes me wonder if he went all the way down to P90's.

Steve once said "If you stack them I'll 540 them" so there's a challenge for you  Cheesy

I've been dying to see a stack 540 since he said that.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:46 AM »

Lead kite is p100s all around, the next 4 are p90. And joe... it looks like we've found something to do this summer.... 540s anyone?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 09:00 PM »

LIttle tip for ya Devin.  Don't fly the lead kite fly the last kite in the stack and your turns will be cleaner.  Oh and yes a stack can be 540'd, at least up to 3 and 2 can be axeled.
vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:01 AM »

The Little-Creep-O did a Five Stack Axel yesterday...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 10:53 AM »

OK, I saw this post on Friday,

I've been tuning a 5 and a 6 stack, for a couple of months now, so Saturday I thought I should get some video posted.

The kites are completely stock, I had to adjust the bridle a couple of times, but seem to be real close to correct now.

The wind was light, so the kites were not as stable as I would like.

Vision 5-Stack

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:18 PM »

Mike,  That was Great.  Been hoping to see more.  I love your colors.  We plan on other sets and that looks great.  Really enjoyed the music and the vid.  Beautiful flying spot. I hope Devin see's it soon.  I'll send him a link.  Thanks so much for your video. I was smiling the whole time through.  What line strength were you flying with Huh  I just went tot he store and ordered #250 and #175 125ft.  What do yu think ??

kiteking

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 12:58 PM »

I was using 90# 100ft lines, but I always use lighter line than most, I do have some 200# for windy days

I am also tuning a 6-stack of "vortex" pattern Visions

They can be seen here

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

vertigo2u

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 04:10 PM »

Thanks Mike,

We were flying on #300 very windy that day.  i ordered some 250# and 175# 125ft. Hopefully our tails will be in before the snow this week-end.  I can assume you fly a lot of stacks.  For some time now... How about tails on all five ?? more or pull less pull??? Any kind of info would be helpfull.

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+83)

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Don't think tails make any difference in pull.  Unless maybe they're really huge/long or inflatables perhaps.

aw man, now I have to dig up video of my Laser 9 stack.  Heh.  No, actually that video is embarrassing probably because it was taken when they were completely out of tune & flailing about.  After several hours fiddling with it I think everything is good now.  Ended up putting Nexus stack lines on the back 6 kites, but I still need to shorten the stack lines on the front 2.  I also got some cheapo 50' colored ribbon from a craft store I plan to attach to them all.  Just waiting for the right day to fly it again.

-Mike
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:19 PM by Smeagol » Logged
kiteking

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 05:56 PM »

Tails...... when attached it adds drag so the kites slow down, no real different in pull to you.. they look great and are a crowd pleaser ....

I don't fly with tails often, use to, but they require a bit of setup/pack-up time. Most times I'd rather use the time flying.

There some tips I have learned, I prefer to detach the tails and roll them separately, then when I set the stack up I will attach them, and have each rolled up by the kite. When you launch (straight up recommended) the tails unroll as the kite rises.   

If you do leave the tails attached (most do) leave enough length so the kites have some slack between them. Begin braiding the tails back towards the end. Over exaggerated video
here.

When flying  don't cross the tails, some times the last kite may catch them and cause problems

You also want to land on the edge of the window, that way the tails will be to the side instead of under the kite.

Other tips???

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:06 AM by kiteking » Logged

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum