GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 03:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1-12-2011 Solus ice skating at the Beach.  (Read 1588 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: January 12, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Weather has been tolerable to say the least.  No snow is O.K.by me the warm weather has been a blessing.  Not anymore.  We are suppose to have cold weather and possible snow tonight.  I flew yesterday at the Beach.  The water is part frozen.  Teaching the Solus to ice skate.   Working new programs also.  I hope little Creep-O see's the slot machine in the beginning.

I have tried three different video programs.  Each sucks in it's own way.  I kept returning them for different one.  I have spent total of $90 bucks and now have three programs all over $60 a piece.  changed first one bought new one for 6 bucks more and returned it. and bought newer one for more money... So between them all.. I'll be practicing. 

#2.mpg

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Being a Nebraska alum I love your first song.  Memories of game day on Saturday!
kepople

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:15 AM »

Very nice flying and looks like this kite is a winner. Might have to give it some thought for my next purchase
justinpwheeler

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Oh yeah, forgot to say I can't wait to get mine also.  Went ahead and got both the std and the UL after watching all the videos. 
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Great one Joe! Nice colors... I wonder where I've seen those before....  Cheesy
Looks like you're getting along well with the UL. Enjoy it!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:09 PM »

I had to spin up some of my old Parson's discs after hearing this one.  I still like 'Turn of a Friendly Card' best. 

6 kite tom
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Hi,

Very nice indeed. I wonder where that is?
So continuing with the topic "GWTW Profile" in the "Website Discussion" forum, it would be really nice to see everyone's location under their picture. This would always give us a clues as to where we are seeing the nice manoeuvres!
Cheers,

N.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:44 PM »

Ara,

I have also thought those same thoughts.  I usually fly at metro Beach in Harrison Township Michigan.  You can use "Google-Earth" to see it.  I really enjoy Google earth and use it a lot.  Do you use it Huh 

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:46 PM »

Little Creep-O did U notice the slot machine in the beginning.  I put special effects on the clip..but I gamble thats a slot machine...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Hope our tails come in soon.  I ordered two sets of lines,  But Mike flew his stack on 100#...er's

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Ara,

I have also thought those same thoughts.  I usually fly at metro Beach in Harrison Township Michigan.  You can use "Google-Earth" to see it.  I really enjoy Google earth and use it a lot.  Do you use it Huh 

So that's Lake St. Claire what your Solus is skating on? Beautiful!
Very nice! I almost went to U. of Michigan at Ann Arbor last June for a conference, but one month before some event made me cancel the trip. If I ever get to go there I now know where to go fly my kite  Smiley

Best,

N.

P.S. When I said to place the location "below the picture" I meant to say "one's location" below the picture "of one's Profile"   Wink

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
John Welden

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12 PM »

I'd appreciate it if you did a bit more in your videos. Do some figures or something. I like watching you fly and love your abundant kite enthusiasm. 

Excellent music selection.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:18 PM by John Welden » Logged
vertigo2u

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13 PM »

Jon's kite store is fifteen minutes from Ann Arbor.... Hope u make it one day we will fly... Your twenty minutes from our Schoolcraft College flying field...

kepople

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12 PM »

what was the wind like during this video?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document