GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 10:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky kites...... NSE 15 VS toxic.  (Read 2355 times)
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: January 18, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Was wondering which is a better kite. Pros and cons .... I heard amazing things about both kites so either way im going to buy 1 or the other...
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:34 PM »

Excellent question!  Smiley. I've yet to see either 'in the flesh'.

6 kite tom
Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48 PM »

I tried both and sincerely I didn't like both at all: I found both close each other as behaviour, in a word extremely and way too reactive at any small input, so it's easy to loose control and coordination doing tricks. They are completely different compared to a NSE, a K2 or why not, to a Sheratan or an Akhenaton, two of my projects (see them on the building forum): all these kites are much more equilibrate with a right  presence on the lines, are easy to control and easy is to find the right inputs to make your repertory.
These are obviously just my opinon and impression, maybe you could have a different feeling, but if you can, I suggets to try them before buying.

Paolo
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Hi Sammy long time no talk to. Ryan docz just sold  a Toxic in the swap meet here. Maybe he can give you an idea. or there is always the new owner if you can track him down
LATER kURT

have fun kurt
Magma
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17 AM »

To me the choice is very easy : NSE 15 

a very very tricky kite , a radical one : Crazy comète , jacob's ladder , yofade , very fast yoyo  Huh...and what is amazing a very good kite for Taz machine...Good precision too.

Toxic : to me not a success : A piece of wood !

But Svolazzo is in the true : Not a easy kite , a little one with small inputs. You have to be a great pilot and like this kind of kites !!!

As Svolazzo I prefer K2 , Silver Fox 2.3 Pro ... A different style of freestyle. Quieter.

But this time R Sky have made a great kite with this NSE 15.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:49 AM by Magma » Logged
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33 AM »

Haven't flown the Toxic but i did have a go with the NSE 15 last sunday. Didn't like it at first, but with a little more wind i started to get the hang of it. Inputs are small indeed and all flatspin based tricks are there, but they work because of the mass in the wings rather then floating trough the tricks. This mass makes double lazy and backspins rotations with one input very do-able. Also pitches very fast indeed.

The claim; "No added weight" seems a bit odd, since there's heaps of mylar and heavy spars in the lower part of the kite. There's your added weight.

A fun kite to spank arround in the right windspeed.   
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 01:13 AM »

Hi,

Had a go at both the Toxic and the NSE15. Didn't like the Toxic at all. Feels kinda clunky to me. The worst thing about it is the horrible oversteer without some forceful control. Don't like that aspect of it at all.

NSE15 however, is a dream to fly. I'm gradually flying kites with smaller inputs so feels quite comfortable with it. Apart from fast yoyos, it tazes really easy and it has some realy nice solid precision for a smallish version of a "standard" size trick kite. Lightning fast cometes as usual..

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 02:26 AM »

All very good info. thank you! So i might lean more to NSE15 but we shall see... maybe even a K2
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 05:19 PM »

Got some time on a 15 today - very fun kite and I agree with everything written here so far.   I did not care for it at first, but once I got used to it and moved to the first knot on the bridle - I had lots of fun!  Smiley

An easier Taz I don't think that you'll find - you can hardly miss them on this kite.  The input for it is a bit different than on other kites that I've flown, but close enough that you adjust to it pretty quickly.  The main thing is to just not try so hard and they just fall out of it - nice looking ones too!  Just like in the promo video.

Is pretty clear that that the heavy lower framing accounts for this - lots of lower mass for fast accurate rotations with just a flick.  not sure what other side affects this can cause, but once I moved the bridle all my issues went away. 

Tom

Yoyos like mad as well.  If you like the NFX, you'll like this one.

6 kite tom
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07 PM »

The toxic is actually a good kite but it needs modifying, just like most other R Sky kites. Luckily this is fairly easy and makes a serious difference to the way it flies. I also prefer a bigger kite.

The toxic doesn't cut a perfect corner until the wind picks up because it has a flatter sail profile and does wash out in corners but that means you can get some great slides out it. It also tazzes better than almost every kite I have flown. HOWEVER it does need the LS changing to 5pt .... why they stick cheap sticks here I don't know. Bear in mind that the 15 is essentially a small reframed NSE so it was always going to trick and fly well ! On either I would also add a leech line and a tiny bit of weight to the tail.

The NFX is a great kite too especially the icarex version with 5pt LS and p200 frame !

I can't stand the 'borat mankini' colours of the fifteen either ! If it was my decision I would probably buy different from either of these. Hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:09 PM by harveystubbs » Logged
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Nice mention on the NFX sport - its my favorite R-Sky and its price/performance ratio makes it an incredible deal for the $.

I wonder why you don't hear more about it.  They have changed the sail design (same panels different color combos) this year so it looks like the rest of the line.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:06 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum