GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 09:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th Annual Roseville Family Fun Fly and Kite Festival  (Read 12152 times)
Dano
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 10:16 PM »

Wink

It was a "Great Day"
Nice to see all of you again!
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 10:20 PM »

Thanks for posting the pictures George.
I had a great time. Nice to see everyone.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Dano
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25 PM »

Here's why Phil didn't make it, and we were so late...
http://www.rgj.com/article/20090404/NEWS18/90404047&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews
Coughitup
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 12:29 AM »

Thanks to SOHR for such a nice event. It was nice to see everyone. Thanks for posting those picks so quick George and your assembly expertise. Also for letting me try your deca. Thanks to Chris and Steve for keeping track of my misplaced spreader.
Bryan 
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 06:05 AM »

This was the most fun I have ever had flying, that is to be able to fly with so much talented flyer's, I would like to thank everyone for their hospitality, and for making this newbie feel welcome. I can't believe the wind went total dead when it was my turn at the Musical mystery, if I was a little younger that run I had to do to keep my kite up, would have been a piece of cake, boy does my bad ankle's hurt today.
Again I would like to thank everyone for such a great time, Thanks Denny for letting me try out your kite, it is very smooth.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 08:42 AM »

Thank you Bob, Notbob and all the SOHR crew for a fun time.   Kiss

This really is Kite Party North. (not enough girls in bikinis though)

Fewer people got screwed by the wind gods in the mystery ballet this year. John and Denny should get bonus points for effort. The Music Randomizer gods smiled on a few people. George fielded a Quadrifoil and was rewarded with the Star Trek theme. Very cool. Steve got perfect TrickTail music (who was that?) and wowed even the pre-teen judges with some really nice flat-spinny stuff in honor of Brian Todd. I think I got the most fun music, and a bit of celebrity. At the end of the day I stopped at a convenience store and two of the young judges were at the counter buying big gulps. One spoke up "weren't you in the kite thing?" I nodded and said "Mighty Mouse". They both exclaimed "that was neat!" and on the way out the door one said "see you next year".  Smiley

Any little ego boost I can get, you know?  Grin  Huh Huh

Allen, AKA kitehead
mikenchico

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2009, 10:23 AM »

Great time, really good turn out. Better winds then they've had in some other years, although John (King-J) really did draw the short straw followed  by Denny. Got up many SLK's early but that didn't hold.

Also got to see many unique kites thanks to George, Allen & Brian who seemed to pull a new jewel out of one of their bags every half hour or so.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kitegirl

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 09:43 PM »

It was a great day! George thanks for sharing your cheese and great pics. Oh yeah had fun with kites too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum