GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 02:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A RELIABLE PICTURE RESIZING TOOL for my DISCUSTING NEW WINDOWS 7 PROGRAM  (Read 3740 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 21, 2012, 05:29 PM »

It would seem to appear after spending over n'  1 hour trying to find a resizing tool that may be hidden in my PIECE OF CRAPOLLA NEW WINDOWS 7 PROGRAM. TALK ABOUT FUSTRATION CITY! Trying to get a HANDLE ON THIS NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS SUCKEE-7!
When I try to attach my photos...to my COMCASTRAT' OR AOL ALWAY'S OUT OF LUCK E MAIL. I always seem to get this message that I the file is too large...
I have tried to locate a free one on line with little success..THAT DOESN'T SUDDENLY WANT ME TO SHOW THEM THE $$$$ FIRST?MICROSOFT WEB SITE SEEMS TO HAVE NO INFO ABOUT RESIZING PHOTOS?

GADS....I AM JUST ABOUT READY TO DIG OUT MY OLD DELL HELL XP WINDOWS THAT I HAD BEEN USING SINCE 2005.
DUMB N' BUMMERED..DONNIE BOY?
WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+82)

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Aw man, I understand your frustration on this one.. I specifically tackled this very issue a few months back.  Seems there are tons of photo re-sizers out there, but not many will let you pick a specific file size you want and resize from there.  All the ones I've seen will do it by pixels, etc. so you're essentially guessing as to what the file size will be when it shrinks it down.

Lately I've been using this:

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

it's simple & fast, will do batch resizing, no issues with it so far, works awesome.  Only slightly annoying part is you have to rename the EXE to whatever size you want the photos, but it's not that big a deal.

It's free as well, can't really complain when it's free.  Wink

-Mike
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:42 PM by Smeagol » Logged
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:06 PM »

I just go to photobucket for a quick resize. I was a little frustrated with 7 but after using it for the past couple years I love it now. My Dell laptop from 2005 is still going strong tho with XP..

If you think 7 is bad you would be devastated with Vista.

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
c2thew
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:55 PM »

if you are wanting to share your photos on the web, photobucket is the easiest way ro do it as debbie suggested.

Crandall
Weekend hobbyist
 (wish list) rev b series, white pyro delta the 20 foot model?

http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty5
http://tinyurl.com/KiteP6
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty7
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty9
KiteParty10 (coming soon)

My Kite Bag: http://tinyurl.com/795dn9g
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 08:03 PM »

THANKS FOR THE INFO FOLKS!
I do have a photobucket account...that I haven't used for a very long time... and MIKE THANKS.I will also check out that rw.designer web site.
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Image Resizer is like Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:23 PM »

this one has exceeded my expectations..

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52 AM »

I always just head on over to www.nonags.com when I'm looking for software, everything is free and doesn't nag you hence the name. Six ducks gives it the top rating from the site editors then click on through and you'll find some user ratings and reviews. They only host files for subscribers now, but they usually have a link to the authors page where you can download it.

Another site I glance at daily that gets quite a bit of graphics software is www.giveawayoftheday.com where they give away a different program every day that is normally for purchase. Most often it's the full paid version although once in awhile some features that require licensing are missing like a Barts PE disk builder on backup programs. You have to install and activate the software before midnight then it's all yours.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45 AM »

My older version of Photo Shop (v.5) loaded just fine on Windows 7. Always been my fav...
CV

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 09:53 AM »

Windows Paintbrush has always allowed you to resize an image, but only does it by Percent.  Menu selection is: Image -> Resize/Skew

Otherwise, Xnview and done.

Screen size allows you to specify pixels or %
Print size allows you to specify %, inch, cm, dots
You can also specify pixels per inch/cm

ATB,
Sam

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23 PM »

A quick look through nonags finds Easy Image Modifier from InspireSoft. It's freeware that will do batch resize by adding files or a whole folder. It'll also rotate, flip, rename, convert formats, and add watermarks. That's all it does and it's nice and small (only 463k with 10 languages) plus it isn't an "installed" program so it makes no changes to your computer and can even be run from a flash drive, I like that.

Got 6 ducks from nonags and 5.7 out of 6 on the user reviews, think I'll grab it just because.

Sweet .... opened with a small help file although it's a stupid simple program, it even removes metadata if you want, and automatically creates a new folder on your desktop to output your files to so there's no danger of altering your originals, it's a keeper.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:33 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Slick little program Mike. 

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Sketch

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 10:16 AM »

Mike, Sam and kite gang...
Thanks for the help on my quest to gain some kind of handle on my new strange world of Windows 7 programs..
.GADS!
This has been far and away more difficult in learning that my first attempts learning to perform my first " LAZY MARK REED'S SEXY SUZEEE'S back in the early 90's.

This new link to "InspireSoft" sound like a good plan?

I have spent the last 40 minutes trying in resize this photo in Windows 7 Edit program that is SOOOOOOOOO LABORSOME AND QUIRKY for an old XP ADDICT!

OPPS..THIS ATTACHMENT FAILED of this little Thrush at my feeder the other day (as you can see....just how stupid I am working with Percentages % ages!...DUMB AS A ROCK HUH?

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:10 PM by Sketch » Logged
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Slick little program Mike. 

I do most of my graphics in my old Paint Shop Pro 7 but it has issues under Windows 7 so I'm always looking for alternatives for that day all my XP machines are gone. Sometimes a simple single purpose program is just what the doctor ordered.

Sketch that InspireSoft does pixel size or percentages I go 600 x 450 to post here on Steve's forum.

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Sketch that InspireSoft does pixel size or percentages I go 600 x 450 to post here on Steve's forum.

800 x 600 -or- 480 x 640 -or- 480 x 360 have always worked for me, for the web or email. Even if the camera I was using didn't have those aspect ratios (4:3 I think), I could usually fit a crop.

One program I've always liked when I didn't want to mess with loading Photoshop is IRFANVIEW. Irfanview has always been billed as a "picture viewer," which is still what it does best (I love the thumbnail stuff), but it's evolved to the point where you can do some minor editing and can crop photos to a set of default ratios or set specific pixel sizes. Check it out: http://www.irfanview.com

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document