GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Epsom Evenings - videos  (Read 2381 times)
benjai
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 07, 2009, 04:16 PM »

I had a bunch of footage left over from filming my VF entry (all in 20 second bursts or less punctuated with crashes or OOF's). I figured I might as well do something with them, and since I'd edited them down I thought I'd see if you wanted to take a look.

There are two episodes filmed a few days apart in some decent (if light) wind. It was the first time a few things came together and I actually did some half-decent flying. It's also exactly a year (give or take a few days) since I flew my first dual liner, so these serve as a rather self-indulgent record of progress. It seems a very long time ago that I was struggling in 20mph wind with my Prism Nexus trying to work out why the ground kept getting in the way!  Cheesy

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them...

Episode I
Epsom Evenings I

Episode II
Epsom Evenings II
farfennoogen

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:36 PM »

Awesome footage !!!!!  Cheesy Grin
Watty

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 05:36 PM »

Is it just me, or do those videos have a really low FPS? When watching them on this embed or on the link, I could not catch what was happening most the time because the FPS was so low.

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:02 PM »

Must be you, I hadn't noticed last night and tonight they seem fine also even at full screen, the cars in the background are moving smoothly too.

Maybe just a lot of traffic over your connection or into Vimeo when you hit it. If not better next try or you keep having problems you might look into re-installing your player, a few weeks ago something had corrupted mine or a codec or the video driver and vids had gotten trashed like that, removed my video card and re-installed, re-installed VLC and everything is flowing smoothly again.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Watty

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Interesting.... When playing the normal sized embed, I get low FPS, but when viewing full screen, it is fine...

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:05 AM »

Nice stuff Benjai.
Thanks for posting them.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:58 AM »

Even odder Watty, small embed is smooth here too.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
benjai

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 01:49 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys.  Smiley
DaveH
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 05:19 PM »

Nice flying, Ben Wink Hard to believe its only been a year!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49 PM »

i quite enjoyed watching these. thanks for making the effort to share with us. makes me happy.

the flapjack to fade is one i'm going to have to steal and put in my bag. i'll have to work on it, nicely done sir.   Cool

the closing of your vids is such a relaxing few bars of music, it's great.  Smiley

Fdeli
benjai

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 04:47 AM »

Nice flying, Ben Wink Hard to believe its only been a year!

Cheers Dave...
benjai

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48 AM »

i quite enjoyed watching these. thanks for making the effort to share with us. makes me happy.

the flapjack to fade is one i'm going to have to steal and put in my bag. i'll have to work on it, nicely done sir.   Cool

the closing of your vids is such a relaxing few bars of music, it's great.  Smiley

No problem - I'm glad you liked them.
iwannafly

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 05:26 AM »

Just saw the videos.

Very cool.

Still wanting to get into dual line kites, my identificaton skills are lacking. That does not look like a NEXUS, at least not the current one. What is it you are flying in the video?
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 07:54 AM »

I've never seen a Nexus fly like that ! That would be something...
I think it's a Benson Deep Space.

benjai

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 02:12 PM »

Thanks - and Rob is right - twice! It is a Benson DeepSpace, and if that were flown on a Nexus it would be pretty amazing... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography