GWTW Forum
August 20, 2014, 01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sano SS reframe to SSL+... wondering about specs  (Read 900 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: January 22, 2012, 01:41 AM »

I'm considering changing up the frame on my Sano SS for a little bit lower wind range.  I know most of the specs with the exception of the standoff and upper spreader diameters.  I know that the SSL uses a 3mm outer standoff and a 2.5mm inner standoff. Can anyone tell me what Paul framed the SSL+ with?  Thanks!

Sano SSL+Frame: (please fill in question marks)
LE - P1X
Spine - P2X
LS - 3pt black diamond
US - ?
Outer standoff = 3mm
Inner standoff = ?
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32 AM »

I'll check it out when I get a chance, Stephen.........I can tell you though, without a doubt, that leaving the upper spreader and the inner stand-off the same as on the SS will not have too much of an effect on the kite's flying characteristics. All of SSs will go down low..................

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40 AM »

I have a std Sano SS, SSL and SSZ.  Cool You may want to email or call Paul and ask about it. But I can check my kites if need be.
Pm me if you need his number or email

Sine Metu!
sugarbaker

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I did see the framing specs for the SSL floating around the internet.  I am curious as to the exact specs of the SSL+ only because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. 

Thanks!

Stephen
Kantaxel

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Try searching Paul's website or you-tube for the ssl+ that was Paul's last auction........before.................I'm in work mode or I would find the kite and give you the info....I'll be off in three more days..........(pretty sure I know where to find the kite) Undecided

Jim

sugarbaker

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 02:55 AM »

I'm a patient man Jim, I have faith that you'll find your SSL+.  Ironically, the youtube video is where I discovered most of the frame specs (with exception of what i'm looking for... inner standoff and upper spreader diameters.)

Paul's website has unfortunately been down for a while... makes me sad.  Oh well.  I think I do have Paul's aerostar email address around here somewhere, but not sure if he answers that mail anymore.

If all else fails, I'll frame it as close as I can get.  THanks for checking for me though!
Kantaxel

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33 AM »

Okay Stephen,
It wasn't that tough to find after all.  Conveniently in a Prism speed bag marked Aerostar, LOL Shocked

The inner stand - off measures slightly over 2mm and the Upper spreader is about 4.5mm (approximately 3/16") and measures 19 5/16 " long.  BTW there is a sleeve similar to a shink wrap at each end of the upper spreader to keep it in the fittings.

That's about the best I can do and we must consider that the calipers I'm using are from the turn of the century (20th, ie) that I inherited from my grandfather about 45 years ago.  I had to transfer over the dimensions to a tape measure as the calipers are in inch and you can't read the markings anymore.

With my +2.75 reading glasses I can assure you that these measurements are close  Cheesy

Jim

sugarbaker

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:32 AM »

Thanks so much Jim!  I believe my Sano will really enjoy loosing a little weight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document