GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leading Edge compatibility  (Read 1422 times)
B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: January 23, 2012, 08:19 AM »

Hello Dark Siders

To be short and rapid, i am wondering if the Leading Edge on the Rev 1.5 and Supersonic are the same and can be interchanged?
I will soon get a Rev 1.5SLE and having already the Supersonic, i could keep and set new and ready for any parts if any one gets broken during the learning experience  Tongue

Thanks anyone for any response

B

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10 AM »

If you're asking if they can be connected together between models, short answer is "yes," SLE's all have the same ferrule size except when you get up into the PB 2-4 and 4-8.

Only differences would be the overall lengths of the SLE sections.  Anyone know offhand the total length on the 1.5?

I know what a SS uses but not a 1.5, I imagine the 1.5 may be slightly longer.  Center sections may be the same but I can't confirm.

I see 92" on a few sites for the 1.5 SLE, my SS was 90" overall, so you'd most likely have an extra 1" on each side.  You'd have to cut the 1.5 SLE ends most likely for them to fit OK, or perhaps put longer bungee's on the SS if you don't want to do any cutting.

Just don't break anything.  Wink

-Mike
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:48 PM »

USually plenty of give on the bungies that cutting to length isn't needed.
B-13

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52 PM »

Thanks for the input.
Overall size can change because of the center rod or the two ends?
Can someone measure one of the ends and let me know please? I can see the end part for the 1.5 on some online shops but not the supersonic one.

B

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:06 PM »

End rods normally but it depends on the kite.

My SS was 30" each SLE section for a total of 90"

I suspect the 1.5 is probably a 30" center with 2 31" ends for a total of 92"

-Mike
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:13 PM »

Have to check, but I thought the Sonic end rod had a ferule in it and the center rod had no ferules.  The 1.5 SLE comes with the center rod having two ferules (one on each end) and the end rods having no ferules.  This may cause an issue when trying to swap one for the other.

Again, I may be mistaking the sonic LE with the Blast LE.

B-13

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Had the confirmation regarding the rods length.
The total length on the 1.5 center rod is 1" longer than the supersonic one. So the outer rods are same in length.
They might be compatible but the bungee cord on the supersonic needs to be lengthened to fit the 1.5 complete rod setup.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document