GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 11:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism Zero-G  (Read 5711 times)
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: January 24, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Thought I'd create a separate thread for this kite, which is, for me, by far the most exciting item shown at the KTAI this year (thanks again for all the photos and information, John!). This dedicated thread will allow future reviews to be in one place (I hope).

Question for those who have seen the Prism Zero-G 'in the flesh' (John, Kent, others?): how big is it in terms of wing span and nose-to-tail length? I saw measurements of 1.06m wing span and 1.19m length on one web-site allowing pre-orders, but in the photos of Mark holding it, it seems larger than that.

My wife and I have more or less decided to get a pair once they arrive on UK soil, and create a no-wind pair-routine for them. It'll be very different from the pair-flying we usually do (which is with dual-liners, from T5 Taipan SULs to mega-vented Matrices), but it'll be fun!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:41 AM by Dromel » Logged

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:24 AM »

I've been toying with the idea of stacking them, but haven't figured out where to attach to the lead kite.  Huh

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32 AM »

stacking them will be hard....you could fly more than one on a branching line like Mr. Richards lil misstakes and that would work...but since they are active if you try to stack them on top of each other they will be fighting each other a lot.....

Ceewan did develop a 'bi-plutz' that is essentially two of these put together front to back.  I will see if i can drag up the picture again....he is hoping that if the zero-g does well they might try the bi-zero-g.......here is a Plutz2 biplutz....

This thing climbs like the dickens!!!!

I must admit that the look and the graphics on it certainly drew a lot of attention.....i have noticed an increase in xUL kites in the last couple of years and hope that the trend continues......was flying wings even at ktai? The emong should have gotten some attention but i did not even see one picture of it........
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:47 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Flying wings was not at the KTAI this year.

streamhawk
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:45 PM »

I'm interested in a comparsion of the new Prism with Flying Wings Emong, I may end up with both. From the vids I've watched, the Emong looks like it wants to dive without tension on the line. Waiting for both to come out...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:26 PM by streamhawk » Logged
thief

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36 AM »

Stream  you will want both...they are seriously different animals......not just because they look different but the they are designed for different flight.   
The zero g is a gliding kite......pump it up 30 feet above you in no wind and just let it glide away from you....
The emong  is more of an active flyer.....the canard wings will help to keep the nose up but it is meant to be actively flown.....

Two different beasts.....get them both.....

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:15 AM »

Now you guys are getting me to thinking again... I flew my Prism 3D a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of the iFlite that Rob let me try out. XULs sure are fun when the wind is too low to do too much with duals. Hmmmm....

Bob D.
streamhawk

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50 AM »

want them both? My kind of thinking, when in doubt, get both! heh....I actually was already planning on doing that, the Emong would round out my FW collection, Aerobe, XL Wala, Laima, along with my Horvath Hybrid 200 (which has spoiled me on other gliders), the Zero G and Emong would push me up to 6, never thought I'd enjoy these type of kites as much as I have.

Bill
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Kite Pusher!!!
Just shove that needle into their arm. . .
Light the crack pipe and hand it over. . .  Cool
thief

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:50 AM »

Kite Pusher!!!
Just shove that needle into their arm. . .
Light the crack pipe and hand it over. . .  Cool
he he he he.....
i might try to get them into the harder drugs next....Scott Hampton!!!

streamhawk

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:53 PM »

nobody has to push anything on me, my addiction has been around quite some time now. My kite bag(s)(s)'s keep on growing, like some dang fungus....the dual line count was high enough, now all these SLK's I've added, harumph.

Bill
Moe

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 11:27 AM »

Geez.  I thought the underpants kite was a little out there.  I never imagined we'd see a flying bikini.

The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:40 PM »

A little subliminal sales stimulation by Mark?  Cheesy

Always been known he is the expert at marketing and shelf appeal.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Just received my Zero-Gs and put them together quickly. Gorgeous kites and can't wait to fly them! Come in a nifty little 'wallet', and a nice touch is that the T-piece ferrule can be turned to be along the spine when the kite is rolled up rather than poke through the sail. Another nice touch is that each kite comes with two extra wing battens, 'in case you lose one'.

Grin to Prism so far!

Euphoria

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Switch and Zero-G just arrived and looking forward to flying both soon.  7 year-old Grandson will be here this weekend and should love his new Switch.
The printed guides are very nicely done.  Not to mention the features of these new kites.
Let's all have a lot of fun with our latest Prism creations.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document