GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal, tiny LED for SLKs?  (Read 1282 times)
lad
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 31, 2012, 01:53 PM »

The Thill Nite Brite is made for fishing bobbers - I found out about them on RC airplane forums years ago. It's the size and weight of a small wooden matchstick and can be taped along your bridle connector strand w/ the beam facing back up under the kite.  Battery lasts maybe for 20 hrs total, turned on/off by pushing/pulling the LED head. Comes in Red, Yellow and Green (said to be the brightest color).  I once saw another, similar red LED sold under the "Deer" brand - tho' Thill is much more common. But most fishing shops still never heard of 'em!
Online tackle sites, eBay and Gandermountain, are the best places to find them.

Their weight, shape and directional beam has advantages over wider button-battery or heavier chem lites - less drag for one. I attach it under my Flick fighter (which is now painted w/ blacked-out tips forming a bright, yellow arrow). I can zip it around, keeping proper orientation day and night.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:43 PM by lad » Logged
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:12 PM »

pretty cool....got a picture of one out of the package?Huh

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
lad

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 02:23 PM »

There's a few online..again, think small matchstick.

They're also popular as custom Nock lites among some of the night Archery crowd...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:28 PM by lad » Logged
kiteguy
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Good idea, but at $5 a pop can make for a pretty expensive light bulb.   Embarrassed
shrooms
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39 AM »

Are there some sort of standart batteries?

BTW. I found a website a little better prices than on ebay: http://www.rod-n-bobbs.com/index.php?page=prodList&by=line&by_id=RCAirplanes
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 11:00 AM »

Are there some sort of standart batteries?

BTW. I found a website a little better prices than on ebay: http://www.rod-n-bobbs.com/index.php?page=prodList&by=line&by_id=RCAirplanes

Got the impression that there was an On/Off Switch, but once you used up the ~20 hour burn time, it was a throwaway.

ATB,
Sam
shrooms
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Tha's it I don't like it anymore.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document