Eddy and Penta kite gliders
(1/2) > >>
Boris:
Hi All,
Let me present to you two my kite gliders.

Eddy kite glider:

Eddy Kite Glider indoor flight
Penta kite glider:

Penta Kite Glider on tennis court
Both designs are based on diamond and fighter kites designs with some size ratios, weights and brides variations.

mikenchico:
Nice Boris, what are you building them out of?

I really like that that inflatable indoor kite gym you've got there too, how long does it take to set up?   ;)   ;D

Boris:
Quote from: mikenchico on February 02, 2012, 07:27 AM

Nice Boris, what are you building them out of?

I really like that that inflatable indoor kite gym you've got there too, how long does it take to set up?   ;)   ;D

Thank you mikenchico!
The kites on the videos are made of Tyvek. I use PET and PP foils and waterproof paper for my gliders also.

I can't say anything about inflatable gym setup :) It's a big inflatable hall for 4 tennis courts and a body-builder room.
tonycarl60:
Cool  :) I,ve converted a light fighter into a glider kite by putting a slight bow and a little nose weight on it.  I think there would be a market for an inexpensive eddy kite that would fly in low winds and would be a glider when the wind dies. My current favorite are the horvath hybrid kites  but they are a little pricey. 
Boris:
Thank you
Yes, this idea works. I made some gliders based on the classic fighter shapes. But with a few prototypes I see that kites with a shorter nose (like the classic Eddy kite has) fly better both in the kite and gliding modes.

I also like the idea of a wide wind range glider-kite. E.g. FW Wala is good on this matter using a tail and the spreader conversion. Penta gliders and low wingspan Eddy gliders are quite steady in windy conditions.
A wider Eddy glider requires more control or a tail.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page