GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skydog Blogs now up and running  (Read 2920 times)
doddg
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 09, 2009, 10:59 AM »

The Skydog Blogs by Jim Cosca and I are now on line. You can find them at www.skydogkites.com for now, under Kite Tech. This is just the beginning since it just went on line yesterday.

Our goal as you probably know by now, is to be the best company we can be with products and after the sale service.   

Together, skydog has alot of experience with kiting and the kite industry (over 100) so we think our customers and future customers of every skill level and experience will benifit from these informational blogs.

Jim will be posting about his sales trips and kite events and probably some good kite tips. So far very interesting Jim!

My Blog will be more 3 fold as we go along.
1. events and trips
2. Helpful tips and tricks including field repairs etc....
3. Sport Kite Flying basic through Advanced

Sorry, its all just kind of piled in and mixed up in there for now, but we hope to get it more organized by next week and of course we will be adding more information all of the time.  We invite you to check back often.

Dodd Smiley

Beachbum
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 02:17 PM »

1. If you can hear your lines make a whistle sound, your chances of something going wrong just increased.
It's windy!
2. Sand blowing? Again, your chances just increased.
It's windy!

Cheesy

doddg

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Most of the fliers out in Ocean Shores appreciated and didnt know that little tip. Experienced fliers already do know it.
Here is another opinion posted on the blog.

"Great tips Dodd, keep 'em coming... Glad to have you still rocking the house after so many years. Wink"

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine

Beachbum
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:19 PM »

You forgot to add:

"If your 200lb Kevlar lines slice a passing seabird, it may be windy"
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:58 PM »

Good on ya Dodd.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:36 AM »

Nice to see the blog's up and running. I didn't see how to subscribe or leave comments personally, but that's just as well since the blogs seem aimed at getting info out rather then a public round-table like a forum.

The information posted is appropriate for Skydogs currently targeted market, that being the entry level flier through second kite upgrade market. Since this market is the most important niche for growing the sport it's a big positive to every person involved in kiting whether as a flier or a retailer to have an experienced and passonate group like the Skydog team bringing out a decent, affordable, well packaged and presented product.

Like Denny said "Good on ya'

Hopefully we'll see the Skydog Dealers and Downloads sections filled up soon  Smiley

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:26 AM »

I like the descriptions of each of the kites you have on the blog and what the intended user skill level is. Super helpful information.  A tip though, this information should be linked to each kite in the regular web section so the potential customer doesn't have to go searching for a description of the different kites intended uses. When I originally looked thru the kites I was wanting this type of information but couldn't find it initially.

Is there a demo of that Sweet Emotion going around? That would be fun to try out.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
doddg

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 06:58 AM »

Great suggestions!
thanks, anything to help us to help fliers of all skill levels is appreciated. I will see about making some of the changes you suggested. We do have 6 models, 2 for beginner, 2 for intermediate and 2 for advanced, trying to cover all skill levels are very first year in business.

I have a couple Sweet Emotions,  but they are pre production so I dont want to send those around, when we get some more in, I will try to get a few for trying out.  I am happy you are interested!

Jim and I will be in Wildwood, along with help from a few Master Class Fliers and friends and anyone attending is invited to come try it out. The SE is not your standard cookie cutter type of sport kite and needs a bit of time to learn its capabilities so come on over and hang out with us!

In OS we took kites right out of the box, that came directly from Skydog. No adjustments were made and that is what we flew all weekend so I am very happy so far with the factories workmanship.

Again, thankyou.
Dodd Gross
Skydog Kites

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13 AM »

Nice to see the blog's up and running. I didn't see how to subscribe

hey mike:
this is the direct link to subscribe to Dodd's blog:
http://www.google.com/ig/add?feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skydogkites.com%2Fkitetech%2Fblog2.php%3Ftempskin%3D_rss2

This is the link to get Jim's posts:
http://www.skydogkites.com/kitetech/blog1.php?tempskin=_rss2

because they embeded their blog into a frame on their website it makes it a bit harder to use....but it is all there.....comments too..

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document