GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Next Up Bridle specs and question  (Read 849 times)
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: February 10, 2012, 04:16 PM »

I was asked for the  bridle measurements for my Team Next Up. Ian Newham's web page on bridling makes me think that this is a turbo bridle. (http://www.ian.ourshack.org/kitedesign/bridling.html)  Correct me if this doesn't sound right.

The Outhaul: I measured from the LE to the end where the bridle meets the downnhaul and the outhaul.

The Upper Outhaul - larksheaded on the knot furthest from the LE:  The length is 640mm

The Upper Outhaul - larksheaded on the knot closest to the LE: The distance is 600mm.

The Downhaul length to the Upper Outhaul is 550mm.

The length of bridle past where the Outhauls meet the Inhaul, I believe is the turbo leg? In any case, the length is 170 mm total. The Inhaul can attach (measured from where the upper and lower outhauls meet) at 30 mm, 45 mm, 55mm, 60mm, and the last knot is at 170mm.

Does this sound right?

I'm not 100% sure how the point of influence works. My question is this: What happens when the attachment point is moved up and down the turbo leg?

Bob D.
Patchouli
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking some time to measure your bridle. My Next up is a static bridle 3 points.  Measurement are:

Upper outhaul: 65mm Note: Upper has a pigtail with 4 knots (15mm in between each knot)
Lower outhaul: 52.5mm
Inhaul: 65.5 mm

The length of bridle past where the Outhauls meet the Inhaul, I believe is the turbo leg? In any case, the length is 170 mm total. The Inhaul can attach (measured from where the upper and lower outhauls meet) at 30 mm, 45 mm, 55mm, 60mm, and the last knot is at 170mm.

It is for tuning response and turn radius:
Your Next Up has four bridle setting options to customize the turning radius and responsiveness to your flying style. Set each inner leg above one of the four knots to adjust. Setting #1: For finesse fliers who use small control motions and a light "touch." Setting #2: For all-around pilots who like a moderate turning speed and solid tracking.Setting #3: For agressive pilots who like poweful and dramatic moves with large control inputs. Pairs and team fliers who like rail-straight tracking and moderate speed turns. Setting #4: Even more...

Hope it make sense.

"If you do not live what you believe, you will end up believing what you live"
Bob D

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:14 AM »

Looks like I forgot the Inhaul. It's 625mm to the turbo leg.

The measurements sound pretty close to your static bridle measurements.

Bob D.
Patchouli

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26 PM »

I tested your bridle setting. Wind was averaging 24km/h. Next Up was tracking extremely well but kite wasnt has tricky. I will extend my test and let you know. Also I found some bridle suggestion the net. See att.

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:29 PM by patchouli » Logged

Bob D

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:20 AM »

It's been a long since I've flown the Team Next Up. I'm interested to see how the different settings affect it. I'll take a look at the settings chart to check it out.

Bob D.
Patchouli

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:42 AM »

Finally i was able to test my Next Up in low wind (8-10km/h). Bridle setting was:
Upper outhaul: 620mm
Lower outhaul: 550mm
Inhaul: 625 mm

Easy to roll up, fade, jc and back spin no problem. I think this is a good setting at least for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:30 PM by patchouli » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum