GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Subject changed. Compaire the TNT to other high end kites  (Read 6463 times)
50flyer
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: February 18, 2012, 11:05 AM »

I should have asked, how is the performance of the TNT compaired to other high end kites?
I have never seen one for sale on the Swap Meet. That shows they are great kites.

I have nothing aginst the price of the TNT. I hope to have one some day.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:17 AM by 50flyer » Logged
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:03 PM »

The price of the TNT is so high priced, what makes it worth the  extra $$$$?

It actually isn't high priced compared to its direct rivals in its homeland. The standard Standard is 290, whereas Kitehouse would like you to hand over 339 for the Cosmic TC and the new Sharp. Diamond Kites want 300 for their Veyron too. It's at least in the ballpark for that sort of kite from that sort of kitemaker. Now when you apply exchange rates however...... it's currently $380 and I'm struggling to think of anything made in the USA with that sort of asking price.

The TNT is rather nice though. I don't know of anyone who has been disappointed in theirs and they are rarer than hen's teeth in the Swap Meet.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Build quality, materials, design, and flight characteristics are what make them worth the money to me.
YMMV

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 05:48 PM »

When it puts a bigger smile Grin Grin Grin Grin on your face than any other kite in your bag

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:30 PM »

I've never flown one, but I've found that the kites I like to fly most have personality and soul - they bring something somewhat unique to the table.

They not only do everything well, but they are fun to fly and also look good while doing it. 

6 kite tom
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:07 PM »

The most expensive kite in the world is a bargain if you fly it and it brings you joy and happiness. The world's cheapest kite is waste of money if it spends its life in a dark corner of your closet.

just sayin'
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 02:56 AM »

This is the kind of question, that one would expect from a person new to sport kites. From what I can recall of the swap meet, you have sold or attempted to sell, Blue Moons, A Transformer, A Cosmic TC. Heck I think, that I've got a Talon, that originally belonged to you. So you are no stranger to high end kites.

Are you wondering about the performance of a TNT, and how it compares to a Cosmic TC or a Nirvana?

I'd like to hear more about the TNT, and how it flies. Our beloved moderator has taken more time then normal to write up one of his thorough reviews. Also missing is a review on the Kitehouse Sin comp and UL.

Jay
Ca Ike

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20 AM »

Build quality, materials, design, and flight characteristics are what make them worth the money to me.
YMMV

Denny
This is true of any kite you look at and ultimately how you like it when you fly it determines if its worth the money or not.  Having flown the Std I can say from my personal experience its worth it but at the time I was deciding on a new kite set it was out of my budget.
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:35 AM »

It's not so much the kite as it is the pilot. Sure, a kite desinged to make the modern tricks easier helps quite a bit but I have seen guys take older kites and do most of what is being done today, not all, but most. By older I mean kites that were pre Nirvana.

If you spend enough time to learn a partculiar kite, and that can be a huge amount of hours, you can make that kite do most everything you want.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:36 AM by KeithG » Logged

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
PAW
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11 AM »

I personally think, that it helps very well if you have a kite that helps you learn a trick...then, when you know how to do the trick and you understand how the trick works, then you can try it on kites that are not so easy to fly...if you have a kite which can do a certain trick very hard, then you might never learn that trick with this kite, and after a while you do not really have fun flying no more  Wink
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25 PM »

The price of the TNT is so high priced, what makes it worth the  extra $$$$?

Let me reverse your thesis. A Fearless SUL is $475 on top of that $60 for shipping plus 20% customs exercise duty plus fees. By the time that kite is in my possesion in Europe it costs me 650 american bucks (€485).

Otherwise I totally agree with Lee.
You could have taken up a much more expensive hobby ...

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59 PM »

I wouldn't recommend the TNT as a kite to learn tricks on. Its a demanding kite that needs to be controlled. Everything is in there, but it doesn't give tricks away.
Though the right inputs on it, do give above average results.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
jaybett

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 02:09 PM »

I wouldn't recommend the TNT as a kite to learn tricks on. Its a demanding kite that needs to be controlled. Everything is in there, but it doesn't give tricks away.

Denny
For such an expensive kite, it must have a feature or features, where it excels. What separates it from other kites?

Jay
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11 PM »

Denny
For such an expensive kite, it must have a feature or features, where it excels. What separates it from other kites?

Jay
By being almost an unobtanium kite??

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
jaybett

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:11 PM »

Denny

Jay
By being almost an unobtanium kite??
That may be true....

On the forums, besides Dewayne, I'm aware that Zippy, Krijn, King-J, have them. So that should be enough people to offer an opinion.

There have been vague comments about the performance of the TNT, but hardly any specifics. 

Jay
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum