GWTW Forum
August 02, 2014, 01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky kite bag vs HQ padded kite bag  (Read 2995 times)
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: May 09, 2009, 06:46 PM »

Ok, now my curiousity is up.  Which kite bag holds more kites and is it a semi significant amount more?  I kind of asked this in the swap meet section but thought I would get more of a response here.

Ron
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:16 AM »

Both bags roughly can hold the same amount of kites. The HQ, probably can hold more kites and larger kites. Randy G, posted that he is able to fit a Krystal in his bag. I've got BMK in my bag. They fit, but just barely.

The R-Sky bag is designed for the serious/hard core kite flier. The bag has a pocket or bag for all the essentials from rods, to cell phone, to repair kit. There is even a built in wallet.

Jay
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:09 AM »

Thanks.  I guess I'll be needing me another HQ padded bag.

Ron
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:08 PM »

The R-Sky bag is designed for the serious/hard core kite flier.

Jay could you expand on this statement?HuhHuh

always kinda felt i was hard core....and have 3 hq bags & 3 mld bags & hard archery bow case & 2 catch the wind bags & the prototype mld rollup sport kite bag....

in the hq travel bag there are about 10 pockets....two retaining "walls"....and it is airline tested.....a vapor barrier has been rumored to be in the bottom to keep your bag dry when it is on the ground (tho i have not slit mine open to see this thing)....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
kiten00b
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 02:33 PM »

if you want to carry a serious quantity of kites, it's hard to beat the capacity of the cross town rival's  custom deluxe
seriously, it'll hold enough kites to hurt your back
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 02:54 PM »

The R-Sky bag is designed for the serious/hard core kite flier.

Jay could you expand on this statement?HuhHuh

always kinda felt i was hard core....and have 3 hq bags & 3 mld bags & hard archery bow case & 2 catch the wind bags & the prototype mld rollup sport kite bag....

Maybe your not, if you don't have an R-Sky bag.  Grin

I have two HQ bags and was happy with them, until I ran into fliers that had R-Sky bags. The design of the bag, makes it easy to stay organized, plus all the parts are easily accessible.

When the airlines allowed two checked bags. I was happy with the HQ bag. Stuff some kites in it, maybe some clothes, and it was good to go. The bag some times, ended up looking like it had a rough trip, but none of the kites were damaged.

Now that the airlines are charging for checked bags, and are on the lookout for over sized bags. I only want to take one bag, clothes and whatever else I need for the trip. I don't want to put anything heavy into the HQ bag, because it can slide around and damage the kites.

The R-Sky bag with its clam shell style case, everything stays in place.The kites in their sleeves provide structure to the sides of the bag.

The R-Sky bag has a built in wallet, a cell phone holder, and zippered pouches. It literally can be the only bag you need on a trip.

The HQ are R-Sky bag are for the serious/hard core fliers. If you are going to spend that much money on a bag, you better be serious. Heck, even if you have enough kites to justify a bag, you must be a serious flier.

The R-Sky bag is just the more organized bag. The HQ bag handles bigger kites, and appears to be better made then the R-Sky. I've got fraying on my R-Sky bag, and have seen it on other people's bags. The monkeys at the airlines have put the HQ bag through the ringer more then once. After a little cleaning, it is always fine.

Jay
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:58 PM by jaybett » Logged
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:11 PM »

kewl.....i have not seen one of those bags in person....nor the avia one other....
would love to play with one and see.....hmm......

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document