GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 11:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow devil  (Read 2853 times)
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Great flying and super steady fades.  Wink You will be blown with the Fearless  Cheesy  Cheesy and even more the Transformer  Grin  Grin

Thnx!

So you would recommend the transformer most?

Which one is more similar to the sea devil?

emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:41 PM »

Gotta be a dedicated flyer to take that cold. When I lived in Ohio I couldn't stand flying in winter. That may have been due to the usually 10+ wind tho. I love the balance of the sea devil. It really helped me in learning. That was 7 years ago now. However I still love my std, light and std. I still go back to them often. The feedback and feel is kinda perfect for me.
Adamld13

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Gotta be a dedicated flyer to take that cold. When I lived in Ohio I couldn't stand flying in winter. That may have been due to the usually 10+ wind tho. I love the balance of the sea devil. It really helped me in learning. That was 7 years ago now. However I still love my std, light and std. I still go back to them often. The feedback and feel is kinda perfect for me.

Well i was actually camping /flying..../drinking.. Wink.. for the weekend so i was gonna fly no matter what!
Once you start moving i find you can keep warm pretty easily!

Yea i dont think i have ever clicked so well with a kite! ...makes the thought of sellin other kites easier Cheesy

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20 AM »

Great flying and super steady fades.  Wink You will be blown with the Fearless  Cheesy  Cheesy and even more the Transformer  Grin  Grin

Thnx!

If you like the Sea Devil, stick with the Sea Devil, the Fearless is a totally different kite. I was used to flying my Sea Devils when I got my Fearless(s) and it took me 50+ hours to get used to flying the Fearless. Now it's fun to fly either the SD or FL, but the learning curve between the kites is long & frustrating. I'm just saying, you might be happier getting a SD (S)UL and vented than to totally switch gears and go with kites that fly much differently. I never considered the Transformer because the design just isn't my thing, but that's just me.
Nice flying, by the way, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes to get out and fly in the snow.
 Grin

tempest
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16 AM »

[/quote]

I would say that the Fearless is more similar to the SD as they are both the same size and responds the same way .
The Fearless is more like a step up from the Sea Devil as i was able to do more tricks easily than the SD. The smaller in size Transformer is more brisk and needs a more quicker hand movements and very tricky .  This is only my opinion, others may think differently. Cheers.  Smooth and gentle winds.     Tempest.

Smooth and gentle winds.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Nice Video and flying...Looks good in the snow.
Guess it was worth the hassle after all since you like the way it flies.
kirb
Adamld13

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Thnx!

If you like the Sea Devil, stick with the Sea Devil, the Fearless is a totally different kite. I was used to flying my Sea Devils when I got my Fearless(s) and it took me 50+ hours to get used to flying the Fearless. Now it's fun to fly either the SD or FL, but the learning curve between the kites is long & frustrating. I'm just saying, you might be happier getting a SD (S)UL and vented than to totally switch gears and go with kites that fly much differently. I never considered the Transformer because the design just isn't my thing, but that's just me.
Nice flying, by the way, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes to get out and fly in the snow.
 Grin

Its getting to a point now were I would rather try new kites than start collecting sets.
I think I really like a kite until I fly a better one!
Maybe when I own one of everything I will start making sets haha.

And I have to agree with you on the transformer...not feelin the design.

Adamld13

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Nice Video and flying...Looks good in the snow.
Guess it was worth the hassle after all since you like the way it flies.
kirb

Thanks man,
Ya i feel kinda bad how things turned out after seeing how well it flys.
I did replace the wingtip lashings, nocks and tail tensioning....taped the nose.
Also I had to just cut off the no snag leading edge over the spreader fittings.
There was no hope in repairing it. Other than the stained sail it def has a cleaner feel now.
I still feel like the kite was very poorly described but let me know if you have any bad feelings and maybe we could work something out.

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 09:54 AM »

It's a sweet journey.  At least for me, I think it ended with the Fearless.  I fly all sorts of kites, but always go back to that one.

We owe Steve a big thank you for the swap - it allows you to try all sorts of kites basically for the cost of shipping of its not a good fit or you want something else.  That's less than the cost of going out to see a movie.

To answer your question, I'd say the SD is more like the Trans, but they are 3 distinct kites each with their own attitudes.  You'll just have to try them for yourself to see what you like best.  

Good luck!

6 kite tom
Adamld13

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20 AM »

It's a sweet journey.  At least for me, I think it ended with the Fearless.  I fly all sorts of kites, but always go back to that one.

We owe Steve a big thank you for the swap - it allows you to try all sorts of kites basically for the cost of shipping of its not a good fit or you want something else.  That's less than the cost of going out to see a movie.

To answer your question, I'd say the SD is more like the Trans, but they are 3 distinct kites each with their own attitudes.  You'll just have to try them for yourself to see what you like best.  

Good luck!

It's a sweet journey indeed!

Seems like many fearless's have crossed your path.
If you ever have a spare kickin around let me know Grin
Im sure lams kites are worth every penny but those new price tags are scary!

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23 AM »

Don't get me wrong about the Fearless, they're great kites. Just took a while to get used to, where the Sea Devil flew easily and predictably right out of the bag. I learned a lot of tricks while learning how to fly the Fearless. Totally worth the price of admission...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum