GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New from Colorado  (Read 1061 times)
Rivmage
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 22, 2012, 11:08 AM »

Hi all,

As a kid and adult, I have always enjoyed S LKs. I've always found them to be relaxing. Lately, I have been wanting a little more interactivity so I'm looking at sport type kites. The only experience I have with a stunt kite is a five dollar plastic one I had over 23 years ago.

Scott
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:16 AM »

Welcome to the Forum.  Smiley

Are there any sport kite fliers in your area?

If not, a DVD and beginner type sport kite will set you back about $50.

Our host, Chico Kites, upper right hand corner ad, can set you up with a starter.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Rivmage

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Dont recall ever seeing a sport kite flier, here in Denver. I'm sure there are a few around somewhere.

Scott
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum.

Put April 29 on your calendar and head up to Ft Collins for the annual Kites in the Park festival at Spring Canyon Park.

April should also see a weekend festival in Arvada, although I don't know the date offhand.

I'll get you the contact info for Rocky Mtn Kite Assoc later today - there are some flyers down in your area. Until then, feel free to use the email link for me under my avatar and I'll do my best to help you out.

Bob
johnfarl

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44 PM »

I second what Bob said.  We will have a large group of sport kite flyers in Fort Collins at the Kites in the Park Festival.  Here is the Facebook page on the event.  Fort Collins Kites In The Park Kite Festival (Fixed your link John, it probably works for you, not the rest us - mikenchico) It is April 29th at Spring Canyon Park in Fort Collins.  It is becoming a large festival with a lot of different kiting things going on.  We have one field setup for sport kites and will have people there to help you.  Also there will be a Rok battle if you have a rok and would like to participate.  This is our first one so it should be kind of crazy.

Arvada has their festival about April 14.  Check on the internet for their festival.  It is a good one too.

Look forward to meeting you at one of those.

John
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:46 PM by mikenchico » Logged
jeepersjoey

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:18 PM »

You've got the one you want to talk to right here.

Send me an email at jeepersjoey@yahoo.com and I will give you the info.  We meet every Sunday.  This Sunday we will be at Columbine.

There are about 30 in our group, of which 8-10 are active.

Welcome to the group...I think you will enjoy your stay.

Do a search on Meetup.com under "rocky mountain kite association"

Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Rivmage

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Thank you for the heads up on the "Rocky Mountain Kite Association". I wouldn't be able to make it on Friday at Stapleton but, I'm shooting for Sunday with my girl. We don't have a kite yet but, I'm thinking I'll stop by walmart and grab a cheap SLK for Sunday.

Thank you,
Scott
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Thank you for the heads up on the "Rocky Mountain Kite Association". I wouldn't be able to make it on Friday at Stapleton but, I'm shooting for Sunday with my girl. We don't have a kite yet but, I'm thinking I'll stop by walmart and grab a cheap SLK for Sunday.

Thank you,
Scott
IF you do grab a wal mart cheepie the $3 x-kites diamonds fly well.
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very helpful and love to answer questions, and believe me you will have them!!!!
Need a quick answer, or just want to hang out with kite poelpe check out the chat! There are usually a few of us around!  Grin
jeepersjoey

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Chris,

Were you the Christophe that was at Clement Park (Columbine) this past weekend?

If not...when do we get to meet?

This Sunday is Stapleton.  Hope to see you there!
Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
boulderjunk

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Thanks for helping the new and relocating Kiters find us, Paul! YAY! Grin

Here's some Links for Scott and anyone interested in our active growing Colorado Kite community

http://www.meetup.com/rockymtnkite  Where we post most of our Club Flys and events.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/milehikite  We use this link to communicate our Flys, Festivals, and especially our "Impromptu" flying days. Also doing other activities like buying Co-Ops to chip in orders for spars & parts together to save shipping costs

http://www.milehikite.com  Our website. still adding to it.

We don't always have the best Wind, but we have a GREAT CLUB!
Anyone flying a kite in Colorado is considered a Member!

ROBIN
Region 7 Director
AKA

Don't forget to visithttp://kite.org
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:23 PM by boulderjunk » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change