GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism Eclipse  (Read 1759 times)
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: May 10, 2009, 02:56 AM »

Film made by a buddy of mine in the Netherlands.  He has been hunting for this kite since he started.  This is the first session, and I was shocked when I saw this video.  Kareloh is a top level pilot, as should be obvious from this video.  "What?  No yoyo multilazy?  No taz machine?  He's a punk."  (Just thought I'd say it first. Cheesy

For old school kite lovers and Prism fans...this vid should be especially enjoyable.

Prism Eclipse | back to the old school!

obi
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:00 AM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35 AM »

Not too bad for a 16 year old design.

Huh

Not surprising, though. Eclipse nuts have done all kinda stuff with that kite over the years.

The Masque dates back at least that far, no?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:37 AM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56 AM »

Pretty impress to see them almost open the vid with a Cométe (at only 30 seconds in)  I've heard others say that was Prism's best kite ever, I'm sure others would disagree though.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 07:34 PM »

I have that exact same color pattern on my eclipse.  I used to have a vent that was just like that but with teal instead of the purple.  Wish I would have never let that one go.  Nice video, haven't flown mine in about 3 years.  I should get it out and fly.  These kites were wonderful at side slides.

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:53 PM »

looks like i'm going to have to see if my '93 eclipse will do any of this. i'm sure once i do though i'll have much greater appreciation for the fellows flying in this video.

nicely done guys.  Smiley

Fˇdeli°
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:30 PM »

Anyone who has one is invited to sell it to Kaasplank...see his ad in the Wanted Section.   Grin

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Dave a

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:08 AM »

Despite the protestations of some, Prism are responsible for some damn fine kites.
And unlike many competitors, have always made some really striking designs and panel layouts.

This video is an example of that.
Kaasplank

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 04:05 AM »

Carlo, Fred and me where flying Carlo's Eclipse that day and i was also surprised by it's capabilities. Great kite.

Obi, i found a standard one allready Smiley  But still looking for the SUL
CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12 AM »

You should try a Total Eclipse now.   Wink Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document