GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in Black - sorry, no kites.  (Read 856 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« on: February 27, 2012, 01:51 PM »

No jet-black kites in this video which is about the only thing that prevents it from being spot-on perfect I suppose.  Smiley

Visa Black Card Back in Black 2 Min Commercial

I showed it to me wife who didn't seem to get it, but I do believe they have getting a man's attention down to a science.  And now I have a strange desire to sign up for a black credit card!  Smiley

-Tom

6 kite tom
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Ducati Monster  Tongue

ATB,
Sam
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Tom, if you sign up for the Black Card and it come with the girl for one month no Interest. Smiley

Hahaha
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:54 AM »

I doubt she would be very enjoyable if she didn't come with interest.
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Didn't interest me
tpatter

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:30 PM »

I checked into the card - $450 per year for the privilege so that they can potentially charge you even more in interest.

Also, the house where they shot this is/was available for a mere 19 million.  Be advised, I did not notice flyable beach in the video, so buyer beware!  Smiley

6 kite tom
Bob D

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 03:59 AM »

I'd say they're pushing all the right buttons for guys though! Cool choppers, cool motorcycles, hot women in leather and bikinis. It doesn't make me want the credit card though. I like the commercial though.

Bob D.
WinterDaze

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Technically it looks like it was shoot on Red Epics.... cos really that's all I noticed Wink

WinterDaze AoF
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Technically it looks like it was shoot on Red Epics.... cos really that's all I noticed Wink

Just curious - You can tell from the video?

6 kite tom
WinterDaze

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 05:15 AM »

I think so Tom..

Forgive the next bit of speculative prof interest ramble...

I downloaded the 1080mp4 version, looks pretty good for something that's been through youtubes 'compression session'.

The slow mo bits like copper props/rooster tail  look like 120Fps raw, no twixoring (or maybe just a little) there also looks like a few frames went out through DSLR, the shot of the towel wrap is probably 5DII possibly with a basic 16-35 @16-18mm, full frame but way too wide to be polite, it did get the whole transom deck in from close range, also that shot had a few 'tells' in it with regards to how it handles movement, and on a first look I'd say different resolution to the main camera.

But... beyond all the tech guessing, the budget suggests 'use the new cool expensive stuff'. We just picked up a Scarlet to add to the ranks of 'toys' and my tech Dir. has not shut up about it  Roll Eyes, me, I just tell him where to point it  Wink

I only rabbited on cos you asked though, over all it's a very well constructed piece of filming and deserves any 'fantasy projection' it gets Smiley

but you did ask

WinterDaze AoF
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 08:47 AM »

I think so Tom..

Forgive the next bit of speculative prof interest ramble...

I downloaded the 1080mp4 version, looks pretty good for something that's been through youtubes 'compression session'.

The slow mo bits like copper props/rooster tail  look like 120Fps raw, no twixoring (or maybe just a little) there also looks like a few frames went out through DSLR, the shot of the towel wrap is probably 5DII possibly with a basic 16-35 @16-18mm, full frame but way too wide to be polite, it did get the whole transom deck in from close range, also that shot had a few 'tells' in it with regards to how it handles movement, and on a first look I'd say different resolution to the main camera.

But... beyond all the tech guessing, the budget suggests 'use the new cool expensive stuff'. We just picked up a Scarlet to add to the ranks of 'toys' and my tech Dir. has not shut up about it  Roll Eyes, me, I just tell him where to point it  Wink

I only rabbited on cos you asked though, over all it's a very well constructed piece of filming and deserves any 'fantasy projection' it gets Smiley

but you did ask

There is a "making of" video in YouTube too:

Visa Black Card Making of Back in Black Commercial

apparently, the camera is a Sony
WinterDaze

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 04:15 PM »

ghfisanotti,

Thanks for the link, some great BTS info  Smiley I've just sacked my very humbled Tech Director, but only after taking his company 'Visa Bl@ck' card off him Wink, he wanted to go out and get the 'Phantom' immediately  Roll Eyes

'Brain Farm' are quite the team, I'd love to spend a few days just watching them work, so many cool toys  Cool

WD

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document