GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 12:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEw trick/combo  (Read 1110 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: February 27, 2012, 11:39 PM »

I've been tinkering with cascades and cometes seeing what I can add to them and came up with a new combo for my trick bag.  I've never seen it before but I'm sure someone had to have done something similar.  I'm calling it an alley oop for lack of a better name atm or the name it already has.  ITs basically a half axel into an upside down insane type rotation.  SOmeone told me the 2nd half of it is called an underwing but I can't find that trick anywhere.  Heres a vid of it.

Alley Oop

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49 AM »

Very cool!!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:00 AM »

Is that an Essence?

I think this is cool...although I wonder if there is some cleaning up to do?

I am only wondering if you feel there is a perfect Alley Opp where X, Y, and Z are just so?

I am not one to support the naming of new tricks...especially combos.  This doesn't fall into this category for me, so kudos.  On the other hand, very few agree with my interpretation of things of this nature.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Is that an Essence?

I think this is cool...although I wonder if there is some cleaning up to do?

I am only wondering if you feel there is a perfect Alley Opp where X, Y, and Z are just so?

I am not one to support the naming of new tricks...especially combos.  This doesn't fall into this category for me, so kudos.  On the other hand, very few agree with my interpretation of things of this nature.

obi
Well in order to get it to completely come around it has to flow smoothly.  YOU use some of the momentum from the initial half axel  to help.  if you do a positive stop on the half axel part it won't come all the way around when you do the 2nd input and the entry has to get the full half axel rotation.  IF you come out with the nose closer to the 5 o'clock position like you do in a comete it won't work.  YOu hit the half axel(2 pop) and just as it comes out of the half axel with the nose at 3 o'clock you pull the bottom wing with an insane input to get the rest of the rotation.  Its still a work in progress but this is the cleanest I've done it.  The timing is tricky and it always fails when I let the half axel completely stop.  When it come around right you can pull out of the trick anywhere from nose at 6 o'clock to nose at 3 o'clock like I do in the vid and it looks good. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:42 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Is that an Essence?

solus

nice trick
i tried it, but it didn't work out as planned  Smiley
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Meh.....
Ca Ike

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Is that an Essence?

solus

nice trick
i tried it, but it didn't work out as planned  Smiley
yea it doesn't always come around if your off a bit.  I'm still working on it myself nailing down the timing and inputs better to see what has to happen.  THe key is the inputs and timing pulling out of the half axel into the flip but I can't quite explain it fully yet except that its similar to an insane.

Meh.....
  Aww not a JW approved trick Tongue 
PAW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:43 AM »

That is the way my first tries of a comete look liked...allways good to try new stuff...thanks  Wink
Ca Ike

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 11:48 AM »

That is the way my first tries of a comete look liked...allways good to try new stuff...thanks  Wink
Heh thats how this started.  Wrong input for a comete then the "damn screwed up the comet but that looked neat I wonder if I can do it again on purpose"  Tongue   BTW if your trying this it works easier off center in the window where you can use the wind to help push it through the flip
PAW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 01:30 PM »

The kind of alley oop in super slow motion at 6:18  Cheesy
VISITING "EGYPT"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:32 PM by PAW » Logged
Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 02:14 PM »

The kind of alley oop in super slow motion at 6:18  Cheesy

hehe looks like my first attempts to figure it out before I realized it was the momentum started by the half axel that helps make the flip carry through and not stall out flared.
HiFly

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 02:24 PM »

if you get it flat it's a taz  Roll Eyes

Mike
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Damn Peter you freaking GOOD

have fun kurt
Ca Ike

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44 PM »

if you get it flat it's a taz  Roll Eyes
If you do a taz from any other entry angle its a 540  Tongue   Not quite the same inputs or rotation as a taz.  Its closer to a half axel / insane combo than a taz only the insane rotation is backward.
PAW
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 04:08 AM »

Damn Peter you freaking GOOD
Thanks, but there are many good pilots out there which are much better...the only thing that counts for me, is that we all have fun with the flying and charing this fun with each one of us all  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography