JAVA...jing-jing-jing DO I REALLY NEED THIS PROGRAM.
(1/3) > >>
Sketch:
HELP! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES THAT I DON'T HAVE JAVA?
After going to my new windows 7 crap of programs....it would appear that JAVA is still needed on many many websites..GEE! I LOVE THIS STRANGE WEIRDO WORLD OF WINDOWS 7~NOT!

DUMB AS A ROCK SKETCH...STILL EXILED ON A ROCK IN GIG HAAAABA WA. :-\ :-\ :'(
mikenchico:
You don't NEED java but as you see many websites do use it and you will be missing out on some of the features. In fact you won't be able to participate in the chatroom here at GWTW without it  :(  Surprising it wasn't installed by default but i think our new laptop also came without.

Java and flash are two of the technologies that have given us the feature and media rich web we have today. Flash is going to be surplanted by html5 but I haven't heard that java will become obsolete. There was a day when websites wrote two different sites and redirected you to a compatible page if you didn't have java and flash, I don't think that is done as often today.

Be sure you let it check for updates and do the updates as they become available if you decide to use it. Like Flash it is another entrace to your computer for malware.
Smeagol:
www.java.com

install, you're done.   ;)
Sketch:
Yes..
I too thought java would be on the default setting...but guess it wasn't...Thank Mike...U are always such a help.
st3307:
Microsoft    can not  budle  JAVA  with Windows  anymore  because  SUN sued  them  and  won  cause  Billy boy  got   caught   borrowing  there  code 
Navigation
Message Index
Next page