GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 12:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky NSE 15 Soul  (Read 1402 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: February 29, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Folks,

I've been flying a 15 recently and got a bit of video last time out - thanks again Dihong!  Smiley  This kite is stock - no adjustments.  I think it helps to see how a mere mortal works a new kite, so here goes....

Enjoy,

RSKY-15 Video Review
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:53 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
kitebug
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:16 PM »

NICE!

I like.....

Volando!
Cisco
Ca Ike

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Very nice Tom.  Did you actually fly to that song?  I've been having a lot of fun lately doing impromptu ballet stuff to whatever song comes up on my ipod.  That kite looks a lot better behaved than the versions of nirvanas I've tried.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:23 AM »

Yeah.  That's it.  You have gotten past beginner, eh?!  Damn fine flying.

It may be that taz machines are easy on that kite, but nonetheless, very very tasty taz machines. 

Can you do them so well on your Fearless or Tranformers? 

It definitely seems to go yo-yo less eagerly for you, is that right?

Nice video.  Thanks for that!

Be careful...that hill will bias you to the right side of the window.   Cheesy

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Thanks Obi!

The Taz is a bit of a give-away on this kite -  just so easy.  I love how the Fearless Tazs - and the Trans does it nicely as well.  The 15 comes nose up super readily so its just drop dead easy - you have a huge timing window for the trick.

But, you are right, I think a flyer could be able to Taz on the 15 and not necessarily be able to on other kites, although it could help to unlock the trick.

It does yoyo nicely - just laziness on my part here.  The FL and Trans yoyo so easily that I often need to adjust when I move to another kite.  Pretty bad wind on this day as well - up and down.

On the geography - this place is fun to fly, but its practically like flying on a cliff.  You really have to manage your footwork because you only have maybe 10 feet to move in any direction before you would be sliding down a fairly steep hill!  It's a great place to fly a small agile kite that doesn't' need much slack to get the job done.

-Tom
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:02 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
PAW
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Nice line...especially with that location (I think)...thanks for sharing  Smiley
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37 PM »

Great stuff Tom.  Taz machine. You can be a Duncan champ with those YoYo's.  The window of wind must of been crazy on the side of the hill.

Nice to see ya'  Grin Grin Grin Obi and  Wink Wink Wink

Tony the distance is 28 inches apart from kite to kite on the stacks. 

I almost flew today warming up again.... Got the Honda 1000u Generator for the 600W Sony Amp and outside sound.  I like my mp3 player.  But I am hoping to surpass that.  The Beach doesn't really start until Memorial Day week-end.  Then kids are in school for another two-three weeks.   Beach is all mine March,April,May.  Already check with office.  I am trying to figure out a new wagon for pulling my stuff to the beach.

If everything goes well.  I will be starting a "Thursday Nite fly at the Beach".  With Metro Parks full support and endorsement. More to come on this subject.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
ghfisanotti

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Very cool video, really nice kite, good image quality and great flying by Tom. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
dihongshao2000

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Tom:  You are most welcome!!!
I filmed a little better this time than the one I did for your Fearless Light.  In turn I would also like to thank you for filming my flying as well…Just submitted my VF22 video Smiley.  I am lucky to have a kiting friend like you to learn flying skill from and to share our hobby and good times.  It is so cool to be able to fly all your kites in your kite bag  Cheesy and I am looking forward to more  Grin

Dihong
gray

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52 PM »

Very nice!
dihongshao2000

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Just noticed that it is a single piece of continuous flying without any kind of video editing...great work Tom!
martijn
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 06:18 AM »

i really enjoyed watching....tnks for sharing Smiley

i probably buy my own 15 soon!!!

what line length did you use...??
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:20 AM by martijn » Logged
tpatter

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 07:07 AM »

Thanks.

These lines were about 70 feet. 

Tom

6 kite tom
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 08:38 AM »

Mere Mortal? GEEEEEEZ! thanks Tom how is the wind with the knolls? I have got to get up there soon

have fun kurt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum