GWTW Forum
April 25, 2014, 12:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P2X - New Skyshark rod?  (Read 2876 times)
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: May 10, 2009, 03:01 PM »

Skyshark P2X
I remember Ken @ BM mentioned these late 2008 early 2009.
Anyone seen them yet or have any info?
Are there going to be other new rods from Skyshark too?

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
bobw
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:26 PM »

Don't know about other rods, but I have some, and I like 'em.  Just a wee bit heavier than the P200; close to the P300 in stiffness, and a lovely hi-tech woven graphite finish in charcoal gray.
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+47)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:53 PM »

You should check out this thread at kmac's forum.

According to some testing done by Steve Tapp, the P2X is the same weight as the P200 but is stiffer, with a measured deflection between that of the P200 and P300. Nitros weigh the same but are stiffer yet.

Doesn't seems to be any other version in the pipeline at the moment, although a couple of others are being talked about by kmac and Jon.

Bob
Dolphinboy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:32 PM »

That's a bummer there aren't any PX UL rods in the in the works, I was thinking that a 2PT or P90 version would've been sweet. Just as strong but lighter. They do look very interesting though.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
Dolphinboy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 03:55 PM »

I ordered a few of these to use as a set of LS. I'm not usually one that gets all worked up over the look of rods but these do look cool & different. We'll see how they look in real life when they get here.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
jon t
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06 AM »

Some info on the new Sky Shark P2X---   This tube has the same OD. .0289  and ID .244   as the P-200, The weight is 15 grams, a 1/2 gram heavier than the P-200. The big difference in the tubes is the woven finish and that the tube has a higher modules of carbon. Almost as stiff as a P-300 but lighter and a better rebound.
Also on the way is the new P3X which has an OD of .293 ID .244 weight 17 grams. The same finish and  made with the same material as the P2X.  This tube will be as stiff or stiffer than a P-400. Both these tubes are as tough as any of the P series tubes.  I have  not broken one yet . I think they are a nice step up from our standard P series tubes.
I want to  thank Kenny at Blue Moon kites for testing and getting things started with this series of tubes.
Jon & Marieanne at Sky Buner kites & Sky Shark Tubes.
Dolphinboy

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:48 AM »

I received my P2X rods & they look nice in person. The weight was exactly 15g each. If they are tougher than P200s, they should be very durable. I've never broken a P200 & I've actually had good luck with all Sky Shark's spars.

How about P90 and 2PT in X versions? That's where the higher modules carbon would really be a great help. A tube as strong as a P90 / 2PT but lighter, cool. Well, keep it in mind for the future.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography