GWTW Forum
August 27, 2014, 02:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cha-Am Thailand Kite Festival  (Read 917 times)
doddg
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 14, 2012, 07:00 AM »

Invited guest Kite Fliers from around the world were treated like royalty at the Cha am Thailand Kite Festival! It was great to be there and treated so well in the "LAND OF SMILES" ! We had a wonderful time performing for the Thai people and I have to say what an honor it was to be involved with such a wonderful kite Festival sponsored and organized by the Tourism Authority Thailand (TAT).

The last International Kite Festival I had attended was in China a few years ago. I have been to many over the years and i have to say that this one was one of the largest scale and better organized kite festivals I have ever been invited too. I was treated so well there and was proud to represent the USA along with my team mate David Gomberg. We had a great time, didnt we David? Oh and I love my new custom tailored suit! But now where am I going to wear it.....lol

I will be attending more International Kite festivals this year (hopefully) and you can follow them on my Face book page if you like. I know some of you who were there also follow GWTW. It was awesome spending time with you and hope to see you again soon!
Best wishes to all who attended the festival, and to GWTW members. Hope to fly somewhere in the US or around the world with you soon!
Sincerely Dodd Gross
siajauren

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Dodd,,,

We have a wonderful time with you..Wish to see you in our kite festival in Bintulu, Malaysia

The kite Know your character before you know it will fly
DGomberg

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Had a great time at the event - and with Dodd!

Fun part was in the tailor shop. They accidentally swapped our jackets and I discovered the problem when I tried to try on Dodds!

Arms were too long and I couldn't close it....

David
doddg

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41 AM »

The funny thing was, we joked about that, "what if" What if they switched our jackets! AND THEY DID! Too funny, but the tailor, or I should say, MR David's Tailor was very good and very nice....I will be getting my Tux there next year! Thanks David, it was great hanging out with you again. A really great trip with some of the nicest people in kiting!

Hopefully that will not be the last international festival for me this year. I never thought I would be considered "new blood" but since I have not done to many of these in many years, I received a lot of invitations and I am looking for even more now, I am hooked again!

I hope to come to Malaysia my friend, also Korea and China this year among others. Next one up is NABX for two weeks and then Wildwood Spring Buggy Blast...YEAH!
Rubberdog

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Sounds like you really were treated like royalty.

You should come to the Cape Town International Festival in November. I know Mr Gomberg was here last year.

We won't be offering tailored suits but you'll have a great time, guaranteed.

Rob
doddg

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58 AM »

I blocked out that time Rob,  I hope to go, thanks. In fact, I left my full time band and working as a "fill in" drummer now so I can travel to more international Kite festivals. I don't have a "day job" so I have all the time in the world.

I am working on some new dual line routines for International Kite Festival Demonstrations. With so many Revs out there these days,  there needs to be more representation of dual line flying. I was very happy to find out that the Asian and international fliers still know who I am and treated me so well, it was really overwhelming and a great feeling! Thank you, you were so awesome!

I am a bit rusty on the ole dual line, but not bad and did a decent job demoing in Thailand. But now I have proper music and a routine so it should be even better next time. I also have put together a new teaching class for dual line and for Buggying and will be offering those seminars in addition to demonstrations and representing my country, USA!  I learned a lesson, not to travel without my buggy!

I hope to hear from you soon. doddg@skydogkites.com
Thanks
Dodd Gross

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:57 AM by doddg » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document