GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Know You're A Kiter When....  (Read 8696 times)
firecsi
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Grin When you go to a kite festival and a year later you open a kite shop after retiring from your real job ,  Shocked and do all the above. Cool
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:48 AM by firecsi » Logged

Tobie

I live, I fly, I am
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55 PM »

What is the proper burial procedure for a kite? 

This question should have a thread of it's own. "For What it's Worth" ... How about; A nose plant at 50 MPH into a Landmark.

"Virtual Nose Plant #1"

CV
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:58 PM by cerfvoliste » Logged

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 05:54 PM »

What is the proper burial procedure for a kite? 

This question should have a thread of it's own. "For What it's Worth" ... How about; A nose plant at 50 MPH into a Landmark.

"Virtual Nose Plant #1"

CV
interesting idea.  I took a old diode, quantum and dog thrashed  zeph sails and turned them into a frankenbanner Tongue
Stogiez
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 03:18 PM »

When you get a kite injury...

... such as a hamstring injury on the calf for walking backwards on uneven terrain while trying to do an axel.

I missed this post.

Does breaking a little finger from getting pulled over by a power kite (Twister 5.6) while wearing carpet slide skates on grass count?  Yes--that really happened.

A few SLKs, a few Dualies, and a couple of Quads.  Still trying to learn more.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27 PM »

... such as a hamstring injury on the calf for walking backwards on uneven terrain while trying to do an axel.

I missed this post.

Does breaking a little finger from getting pulled over by a power kite (Twister 5.6) while wearing carpet slide skates on grass count?  Yes--that really happened.

Only if you have video  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 06:28 PM »

I missed this post.

I think that is the "˙ou might be a redneck" string
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:42 AM by Tmadz » Logged
timothymcmackin

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 07:14 PM »

You know you're a kiter when you dress and apply sunscreen with attention to the directions of the sun and the wind.

I went flying on the beach this morning, the last half day of my beach vacation. I got out to the beach and realized that the wind was in the opposite direction to the direction for 99% of the time. So I had to run back to reapply sunscreen because my bearings had changed. Every other morning at this spot, the wind is blowing into the sun, but this time it was blowing away from the sun. That's great, because I normally have to pull my hat down low and fly away from the sun, but today it forced me to make a second trip so I could be sure of covering the backs of my knees in sunscreen. That's sensitive skin and probably wouldn't take kindly to getting fried.
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 06:46 AM »

The city sends out an extra truck to pick up your shipping cartons.

Anthony
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Know your local park workers on a first name basis as they change the grass cutting schedule and watering so you can fly every morning. Grin

the wind in the same direction99% of the time.

Wife laughts as the back of your legs are twice as darker as the front  Shocked
SparkieRob

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34 PM »

... you are interviewed by the police as to why you are flying a kite at 1:30am.

The lights were left on from soccer practice and the breeze was really good. Second time doing this, first time the police came!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, the are kites.
SparkieRob

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36 AM »

... you are interviewed by the police as to why you are flying a kite at 1:30am.

The lights were left on from soccer practice and the breeze was really good. Second time doing this, first time the police came!

I should clarify; the police talked to me on the field AND THEN I gave them a turn of my 2-stack.

Tmadz

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29 PM »

You're watching a Nikon commercial and you rewind it, not to look at the two hot women in bikini's on the beach, but to identify what kind of kite they are flying. (What is wrong with me?)
SparkieRob

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31 PM »

When you use a Larks Head knot to put the Christmas Tree decorations on!

Tapatalk for iPhone.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 03:57 AM »

When you use a Larks Head knot to put the Christmas Tree decorations on!

Tapatalk for iPhone.
whats funny about that? it works the best!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
dayhiker

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 04:23 PM »

When you are the new member of the forum & all this makes perfect sense.  Last night I was thinking - Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs, how would I fly, which kite & what about the copyright....?   
Finding out the Post Office didn't deliver your four new kites & being glad they are safe in a government building tonight.
Eleven inches of wet snow, no power for three days, skies clear, wind wiggling the tree tops, well you know
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:09 PM by dayhiker » Logged

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle

AKA member
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography