GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some advice if possible please .... HQ Infinity .  (Read 582 times)
mike1967
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 19, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Hi everyone , well I have taken delivery of a HQ Infinity ... I must say its HUGE !

Apparently the bridle can be adjusted , but why or how would I do this . There is also a weight on the spine which can be removed ... but why ?

I also have dyneema lines not the silly string on cheap kites . I have yet flown it due to weather and other duties .
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Hi Mike, It's me (SteveC)- I lurk on here too!

Lots of adjustment on the Infinity - you can adjust the way it turns and flies but there is only one adjustment you really need to worry about at the moment. As you will see on all of the pigtail adjusters there is a white mark - that is the standard factory setting. The only one you need to adjust are the adjusters near the upper spreader - there are about 10 knots on the adjuster.  At the moment it is set in the middle position for mid range winds - 8-10 mph ish. Now if you are flying in lighter winds and the kite won't fly you need to move the loop around the white knot UP a knot or two towards the nose of the kite this will help it catch more of the wind in light conditions, the lighter the wind the more you need to move the knot up.

If it gets windy and the kite is starting to pull to hard then you need to adjust it the other way moving DOWN a couple of knots to let more wind out of the sail.

The weight is used to balance the kite when you pitch tricks like Yoyos - if the nose won't come up far enough you need to slid the weight down the spine towards the tail of the kite a little, if it comes up too quickly you need to slide it up the spine a little.  I wouldn't worry too much about that at the moment, set it somewhere in the middle until you start to do these kind of tricks.

If you PM me your email address off forum I'll send you a email copy of a kite book you might find useful.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document