GWTW Forum
April 21, 2014, 08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth Sense free project  (Read 7696 times)
Daves1980
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 21, 2012, 06:16 AM »

http://stuntkitepalermo.blogspot.it/

Best regards! Smiley

Davide Equizzi
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:42 AM »

I'm only partially through my Invictus (x2) builds... but downloaded Sixth Sense plans anyway!  Thanks!
sugarbaker

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27 PM »

I'm very intrigued by this kite... might be a while before I can build though.  It's bigger than I expected (although, I should have known as you published the specs in one of your introductory videos).  Little bigger than a widowmaker... slightly smaller than a Solus... similar to a BMK Mongoose? Mostly Nitro frame in the Std is intriguing.

I'm curious to know if you had a kite that inspired this design (and the invictus for that matter). 

Thanks again for posting.  My trend is that I don't build as soon as others when new designs come available... mostly because I'm usually trying to catch up on other builds.  I'll be sure to post some pictures one I get started on my Sixth Sense (likely will be building a Std and an UL... possibly a vented when the plans are presented). 
ozzymat

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45 AM »

Thanks for posting the plans.

Kept the build board free for the last few weeks just so I can start the Sixth sense build without delay.

Cheers
Mat.

ozzymat

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 03:07 AM »

Sixth Sense from Australia

Built as per the specification except for the spine, extra long 5PT was hard to source so used standard length 5PT and extended it with P200 and a ferrule.

For the 3 point bridle I chose to make the upper outhaul and inhaul the same line and the lower outhaul a separate piece of line that attached to the pig tail by a larkhead.

What does it fly like, one word brilliant.

Well done Dave another great design.

Mat
Australia.

sugarbaker

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31 AM »

Mat, your sixth sense looks good!

wondered if you could take a photo of your invictus next to the sixth sense... I'm on the fence about building a full scale or 85% version and wouldn't mind seeing a full size one in comparison to a kite I have. 

regardless, thanks for posting the pics!
coogee

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:49 PM »

Hey Matt
              very cool work! Kite looks great. The grey trailing edge works well. Nice to see some in flight shots. Shows the kite where it should be seen, in the air.
        Mike
ozzymat

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:20 AM »

Sixth sense and Invictus back to back.

As a general comparison with other kites I've flown ( my experience here is not huge ) but I would say the Invictus is similar to a Solus while the Sixth Sense is like a NSE.

Mat

sugarbaker

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54 AM »

thanks so much for the pics!  I'm decided on constructing my own full size Sixth Sense now.  It will probably be closer to my old school style (as apposed to an 85% version). 
ozzymat

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:54 AM »

No Problems Sugarbaker.

I see your are running a color choice poll and I don't want to interfere with that so I hope this doesn't introduce more choices but here's some colour combination I considered for the Sixth Sense. The colours were limited to the Icarex I had on hand.

Mat
sugarbaker

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:17 AM »

I see that you spend an equal amount of time with the color templates as I do!  Some interesting choices.  My biggest problem is picturing how colors will look on a completed kite in the sun.  I try to look through photos of completed kites and through my own collection to help me visualize, but sometimes I end of just going on faith.  Seeing what other people think of my prepared colors (using the polls) has been fun. 
Daves1980

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Sixth Sense from Australia

Built as per the specification except for the spine, extra long 5PT was hard to source so used standard length 5PT and extended it with P200 and a ferrule.

For the 3 point bridle I chose to make the upper outhaul and inhaul the same line and the lower outhaul a separate piece of line that attached to the pig tail by a larkhead.

What does it fly like, one word brilliant.

Well done Dave another great design.

Mat
Australia.

Beautiful!

Thanks! Smiley

Davide Equizzi
Daves1980

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16 AM »

Like the album Invictus in the world, here Sixth Sense in the world!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3749749429655.160680.1453939665&type=1

Help me to grow up it!

Greeting.

Davide Equizzi
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Like the album Invictus in the world, here Sixth Sense in the world!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3749749429655.160680.1453939665&type=1

Help me to grow up it!

Greeting.

doesn't work (from the netherlands)

Krijn
Daves1980

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 06:08 AM »

Mmm... It's a facebook link, but it is open. I must try to upload it on Picasa, i'll do it soon.

Davide Equizzi
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography