GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth Sense free project  (Read 7732 times)
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Maybe because your not on facebook, Krijn Smiley
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 01:17 AM »

My 85% Sixth Sense. I used teal and white 0.5 oz Icarex, Sky Shark frame, 19 grms ballast and added roll bars. I used bisonyl on the nose and rub patch for the US.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coogeekites/7947720814/#

So far it is a real fun kite, yoyo monster and great in the flat spin stuff. It does get very fast in the upper breeze range .  I like it!
      Mike

(tweaked your tags-thief)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:39 AM by thief » Logged
coogee

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46 PM »

Thanks thief
 Mike
Daves1980

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Some experiments on my Sixth Sense with the Mylar...

Davide Equizzi
ae

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 11:00 PM »

That is a nice looking kite. Excellent work!
Thomas

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Hi all,
I've build a Sixth Sense of my own and measure 95 centimeters height. Davides videos say 105 centimeter ... So, typing error by Davide or am I horribel at building a kite? What's your opinion?
best
thomas
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30 AM »

Hi all,
I've build a Sixth Sense of my own and measure 95 centimeters height. Davides videos say 105 centimeter ... So, typing error by Davide or am I horribel at building a kite? What's your opinion?
best
thomas

my STD is 99 cm high and my UL is 98 cm high
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 12:32 AM »

my UL is ready, it looks like my STD, but that one was built by Sugarbaker, so in a close-up you can defenitely see some differences...

sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Looks good Krijn! I like the addition of lam's yo yo stopper... Skyclaw.  For my personnel SS build, I am considering using flat felled seams... Which would require an increase in the template size for each panel, but with the nature of the sail pattern, I think this may be the kite to give it a try with.  Anyway, I think you have a fine set of 6th Sense kites... Thanks for posting your pictures!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:47 PM by sugarbaker » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Can any of you guys that built a Sixth Sense tell me the finished size of your kite ....the final wing tip to wing tip when assembled! I thought I read somewhere that the wing span is larger than a Widow Maker! I'm thinking about building one generally like 3/4 size kites! I saw on this thread that someone made there's @ 85%. On an 8 foot wing span kite that would be 6.8' ..a little smaller than I'd like to build. A 100" wing span downsized 85% would be just a little over 7 foot. I may just go with the full size dimensions of the Sixth Sense.

Any help, information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
photogbill

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Both of my 6th Senses are built and my wing span is slightly over 8' & is 39.5" tall. Having taken it out for a first flight today, I'm completely & enthusiastically happy I decided to build this fine stunt kite! A great BIG thanks goes out to Dave of 'Kite D.E.sign'! This is one very sweet flying kite!

I was thinking about building Dave's new kite the Baxtard SS-I when the plans are available but I may just build another one of these instead ....first! I framed this first one in P100s with 3PT lower spreaders. I wonder if Dave or anyone else can tell me the advantages ...if any ...of framing it with the 'Pro' framing, with ALL 3PTs, including the spine. I'd like to build another one but use the Pro framing ...maybe even trying to cut it down in weight on materials & try to get it in the SUL range. Even considering an all-white 'Ghost' version.

Dave, can you give me a good reason to wait and build the Baxtard SS-I instead of another 6th Sense? How does the two kites differ in size & flight characteristics? Any advantages or disadvantages in either kite vrs. the other? Thanks, and thanks again for sharing your plans on the 6th Sense!
  Smiley
photogbill

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Some experiments on my Sixth Sense with the Mylar...

That looks sharp Dave!
iwan00

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 05:23 AM »

One STD from Poland, Just finished, no bridle yet:

Sail: Spinaker Nylon 32g (CHS32)
Reinforcments: Dacron
Framing: competition as per project.

Dave - many thanks for sharing the project!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:12 AM by iwan00 » Logged
mdilucca

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 03:29 PM »

What are the preferred frames for the STD? and is there any Sixth Sense vented done yet?

Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

HiFly

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 02:01 AM »

and is there any Sixth Sense vented done yet?

Mike
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography