GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 05:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Ron Graziano and Tricks Party USA old organizers  (Read 933 times)
Daves1980
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 31, 2012, 11:32 AM »

Hi guys, i want to ask you a favour. In italy we are organizing a tricks ballet campionship and, looking on the web, i found tutorials for tricks you used for judges and pilotes in tricks party USA. I can use this video for our pilotes and judges? I find it excellent tutorial. I hope you could say yes. Smiley

Best regards.
Dave

Davide Equizzi
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:56 PM »

THey are good tuorials.  I doubt Ron or any of those guys would have a problem with it.  I think Zippy and the guys of tricks party europe still use those judging techniques.  I know Mike has a lot of info on judging from the tricks party stuff as well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:57 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:07 PM »

For the record I had nothing to do with Tricks Party.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:23 PM »

For the record I had nothing to do with Tricks Party.

Mike.
My mistake. I thought you were a judge as well as competed.  I know you had their trick criteria in your massive kite info base but the link I got from you for the web site has been down for a while now.
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Ron is a forum member.

I would assume that his email is in his profile.

Maybe drop him a line?

Forum name RonG.

Hi guys, i want to ask you a favour. In italy we are organizing a tricks ballet campionship and, looking on the web, i found tutorials for tricks you used for judges and pilotes in tricks party USA. I can use this video for our pilotes and judges? I find it excellent tutorial. I hope you could say yes. Smiley

Best regards.
Dave
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:44 PM by JimB » Logged
jaydub

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 01:26 AM »

He gave permission for them to be put on YouTube after the demise of TP USA, so he's already given permission for them to be in the public domain.

Can't see a problem in them being used for the purpose they intended, but it would be courteous to ask.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 03:18 AM »

I thought you were a judge as well as competed. 

I was a judge at IRB events. My competition experience is limited to one VF, one Nordic league-style thingy and a knock-the-tennis-ball-off-a-traffic-cone event. Two wins  Grin

I enquired once about getting a Tricks Party event to be run at a STACK EuroCup but the cost was out of our reach at the time. That's the fullest extent of my involvement.

I know you had their trick criteria in your massive kite info base....

The only massive kite info base I have is inside my head and you'd need a hell of a good browser to read that (and some excellent anti-virus protection possibly).

Tricks Party came out of France (from R-Sky) but the keepers of the flame for the past few years have been the Germans and the Dutch/Belgian alliance.

HTH

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Daves1980

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 04:24 AM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

I dropped a line to Ron, now i'm waiting for answer!

Davide Equizzi
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Dave, I just hope he responds quicker than you !

Roll Eyes
RonG
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:08 PM »

We have no problem with anyone using the videos in support of Tricks Party events. The videos have all the necessary credits built in, so have at it.
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Dave, I just hope he responds quicker than you !

Roll Eyes

That'll be a yes !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography