GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 08:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Kite's for Me?  (Read 2615 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31 PM »

i love my bensons, soon to have a bmk

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11 AM »

Me too. My Deep Space is pretty much the kite I pull out the most.

Bob D.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 06:34 AM »

The SilverFox Pro UL looks like it might be a good option.
The price is rather reasonable too.  Wink
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7146.0

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Mahtman
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 08:19 AM »

I have a similar situation to Kitegirl97. I live near gusty St Paul MN. I'm new to stunt kites. I currently fly a Prism Quantum and need something better. I want to learn tricks but also like flying patterns.
  I know the WidowMaker has a great rep. How about the new Solus? Or?
  If anyone on this board lives near the Twin Cities and might let me fly a good kite, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Skyburner Solus Std & UL, Ocius SUL; Gomberg Delta Conyne; Prism Quantum, Zero G
kitegirl97

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 09:26 AM »

Wow, I feel like I am getting so many good ideas! Thank you everyone!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 01:00 PM »

I have a similar situation to Kitegirl97. I live near gusty St Paul MN. I'm new to stunt kites. I currently fly a Prism Quantum and need something better. I want to learn tricks but also like flying patterns.
  I know the WidowMaker has a great rep. How about the new Solus? Or?
  If anyone on this board lives near the Twin Cities and might let me fly a good kite, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Gusty in St Paul?
Here in Las Vegas, we get a lot of crappy turbulent wind. So I will add another kite to your list. The Mongoose. It is designed for higher winds. Plus like all Blue Moon kites it great at flying patterns.

Love my Widow Maker, all the kites mention above are good at tricks, To me the Widow Maker seems to be the best at providing feedback. While it is good at patterns, the Mongoose excels at them.

There are a lot of good choices when you move up in price level. All are fantastic kites, some just match your style or skill levels better. With your wind conditons, suggest reading the mongoose reviews to see if it is what your looking for.

Wayne,
Happy owner of both a Widowmaker and Mongoose. Cool

jocko

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 04:16 PM »

I sent you a PM.
onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 04:45 PM »

I am a low to moderate wind flyer.  Prefer 2 -6mph breezes.  Much of my kite bag is geared to that range.  I picked up an Exile STD and UL last year are really like them.  The UL comes out most often for the fading early evening flying.  I also have several older Level One UL s that I like; Century 21, Genesis and Easy Light.  Sounds like I need to find a Widow Maker UL to try.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 04:48 PM »

I think a lot of people underestimate the Zephyr.   I have flown mine many times in the 1-2 mph part of its range but it does take a bit of tuning and technique and most importantly no tail weight.  Once you ad that 16g tail weight it won't fly below 3 easily at all.  Its a good kite for the price.  HOwever if its tricks your looking for the WM, exile, Talon(not for me but others like it) and solus are a all good choices.
kitegirl97

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 05:05 PM »

I am thinking for now that I am going to get a Zephyr and see how it works out for me. Why not give it a try, right? Although I will definitely be keeping the Widow Maker at the top of my list for a future purchase. I haven't heard a negative review about it yet.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 05:24 PM »

I am thinking for now that I am going to get a Zephyr and see how it works out for me. Why not give it a try, right? Although I will definitely be keeping the Widow Maker at the top of my list for a future purchase. I haven't heard a negative review about it yet.
Check with Steve here and Dave at kiteconnection.  One or both of them have closeout deals on the old color schemes going on right now.  THere are also a few on the swap as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:26 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
kitegirl97

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Will do!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 09:13 PM »

I am thinking for now that I am going to get a Zephyr and see how it works out for me. Why not give it a try, right? 

The Zephyr is a good kite. You will enjoy the upgrade in flying abilities.

Plus I see your are staying in the prism family.  Wink
kitegirl97

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26 PM »

As of right now I am. When I have enough wind to fly, I really enjoy my Hypnotist!  Smiley
shrooms
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 11:08 PM »

I don't have much success with my Zephyr even though I live in NYC by a beach. For about a month I haven't seen anything like 5-15 mph. There is nothing or 30+ mph wind. Luckily I have Jet Stream Speed for the strong wind. Also, I have ordered a few gliders and thinking to order Skyburner Pro Dancer just to pull something around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document