GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 04:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor Angel Mini Review  (Read 1301 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: March 29, 2012, 04:57 PM »

My Indoor Angel arrived last week and I thought I would give my initial impressions.

I haven't flown gliders much, but this kite is just amazing.  I would not have believed that I could have fun flying an indoor kite inside my (rather small) living room, but I can!   Whats more, you can do it while sitting on the couch if you like.  No walking required at all - just use your arm to glide and steer the kite.   I don't have the dimensions on-hand, but the kite is rather small - maybe 18 inches wide with a multi-point bridle and a single line.  It has a bowed front spar (all very light weight) which allows you to land and re-launch.

It's been raining a lot in the Seattle area lately, so I've been having lots of fun flying this kite rather than my usual dual-line kites outdoors.  In fact, most of the family has been having fun with it. The only one in the family who isn't having fun with the kite is the dog, who doesn't seem to care for things flying around in her house!  Smiley

The control is pretty amazing and the kite weighs near nothing.  You can easily glide it in 360s around yourself with little effort at all.   It also glides straight when you do an "up and over" move and then let the string go forward. Apply a little tension to turn the kite and then pull it again to return to you or to do more 360s!  Smiley  I've also taken it straight down the hall to  go from one room to another.  A nice attribute of the kite is that when you are pulling on the string, it is so light and has such lift, that it will keep the line taut and fly forward which makes it very easy to fly and control the kite on a straight line or an arc.  So far, I have been flying it on a short line due to my small space, but I can't wait to try it in my backyard or a slightly larger area.  I am continually surprised at how little space you actually need in order to fly it - I've gone as short as 3-4 feet and its still easy to keep it flying.

I don't know if the kite is generally available yet or what it costs, but I think Lam has another winner here for sure.  I'll be very interested to see what others think of the kite.  From my perspective, I think he has succeeded in making an indoor kite for the rest of us (meaning that it is easy to fly and also has enough control to be truly fun and entertaining even in the smallest of spaces).

That's my mini-review.  I will add more comments when I get a chance to try the kite in a larger space.  I'll also see about posting some pictures of the kite.  Lam has done a video of the kite which you can see here:  http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7022.0.

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Tom,
What kind of line are you flyin' it on indoors? 

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Jim,  the kite comes with a pre-attached line.  It looks to be 30# from what I can tell, very light in any case. 

This kite will will be traveling with me, so we'll give it a fly next time were all at the hill EXCEPT for the wind! 

Tom

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 12:12 AM »

Tom,
Any word from the Master as to when this might be available to the general public?

We've got some sixteen foot ceilings in our house and well, you know................the only wind would be from the ceiling fan Grin  A lot more of a guarantee than the hill, any day Cheesy

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49 PM »

Hey.....any word on this one at all?Huh pictures?? videos??? want to rehome it???

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tpatter

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:16 PM »

We still fly it indoors - especially now that Winter is coming!

Have you seen the video that Lam did - that pretty much demonstrates how it works.

If you want one, I would just drop him a line.  I like mine, very much fun to fly.  I tried it outdoors and did not care much for it outdoors, but inside, its a good time.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Thanks Tom, I do appreciate. This one just having fun for now. I will make another style for the indoor kite , will be better and more colorsful. Stay intouch

Good day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography