GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April ripon fly  (Read 2901 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: March 31, 2012, 03:28 PM »

SInce this months fly falls on easter sunday I wanted to see what everyone would like to do.  We can move it to Sat, keep it on sunday and maybe add something for easter into it (or not) or move it to the third sunday instead.  I know easter isn't a holiday everyone celebrates so let me know what you guys think.
ozonejim
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:50 PM »

I'm for keeping the 2nd Sunday. The 3rd Sunday is the Livingston Kite Festival

moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:58 PM »

I'm for keeping the 2nd Sunday. The 3rd Sunday is the Livingston Kite Festival

Ditto. If as in my case, I have family obligations and won't be able to make it. My loss. Lets keep it simple and consistent.

Say Good Night Dick
Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:14 PM »

WEll then i guess we will keep it the same.  Hopefully we will have good weather.  Heck bring your families and have an easter bar-b-que and fly Tongue
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:32 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 09:27 PM »

WEll then i guess we will keep it the same.  Hopefully we will have good weather.  Heck bring your families and have an easter bar-b-que and fly Tongue

Good decision. Really good. I forgot it was going to be Easter. Easter. Really?

Last month every last one of you took off for that Kite Party thing. This month I wrangled the day off ('twasn't easy), AND, the boss knows I won't be answering the phone should he decide to call me to work again.

I *need* this kite flying time. I have three (THREE!) new white Ghosts to play with.

I will see all y'all there, right?

Nancy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:30 PM by madhabitz » Logged

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 11:05 PM »

I'll be there at least.
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58 PM »

I'm coming Smiley
Ca Ike

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Forcast for this weekend.  Looks promising.  http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USCA0945
madhabitz

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 12:42 PM »

Missed these later posts-- sorry about that.

I hope there will be lots and lots of people there, but if not..... well, more room for us, right? lol

See you there!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 01:46 PM »

I'll be there.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:40 PM »

John Bowles and Ron Gibian will be joining us this weekend. Hopefully the wind will be good and we can fill the skies with slks as well. George and Jim won't be the only ones packing big stuff depending on what John and Ron bring.   With a bit of luck I'll have my scale slk prototype done too Smiley
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 02:48 PM »

I'll be there too!  NABX was a bust since work decided to be a-holes about giving us days off.  Oh, oops did I say that out loud?  Wink

I'll bring some of the new foils.. and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure.  Any requests?  Heh.

-Mike
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Now that I got the Turbo replaced on my truck for the second time I might be able to make it. Just need to make sure I get the Bid on a project completed tomorrow

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
madhabitz

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 11:08 AM »

Looks like we've got a party happening-- yay! Pray for wind. If we get enough, maybe you guys can help me figure out the best way to fly these Ghosts in a group. I've got a couple of ideas about that (been thinking on it for months), but I don't think I'll be able to implement it by myself. Maybe you can help me figure that out too.

I'm totally excited at the prospect of meeting Ron. I'm a huge fan and kick myself almost daily, for the fact that I lived a good portion of my life in Fresno, not knowing I was a hop, skip, and a jump away from him. Well, there's the fact that I wasn't into kites then.... but that's neither here nor there, eh?

Headed for work now-- see you there!

Nancy

King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54 PM »

It's looking like a UL day

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:08 PM by King-J » Logged

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document