GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 11:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TNT with Night Lights  (Read 2465 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:01 AM »

I considered using one of those on my rig, but was worried about the pack bending and then failing - apparently LiPo batteries can catch fire/explode if they get damaged internally (through bending or being pierced). That's why I picked a battery in a hard metal cylinder with built-in protection circuitry - hopefully much more likely to survive my flying style without setting fire to my kite

Damaged battey pack setting a kite on fire?  Huh

Bad for the kite, but what a great video.  Cheesy
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 04:58 PM »

That's true. I wonder if it's an issue at the lower capacities I might choose. Will have to look into that. During charging though there would be an issue if damaged since I was hoping they could take a quick charge. Better safe then sorry.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
misterbleepy

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 03:47 AM »

it would be cool if they did that type of battery in a rigid shell.
I also looked at mobile phone batteries, but all the ones I have are a bit on the heavy side

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Any new ideas on the night flight setups?  I have a fest coming up end of this month and would like to know what else others have come up with.
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Any new ideas on the night flight setups?  I have a fest coming up end of this month and would like to know what else others have come up with.

Came across these on a tactical website:   http://www.brite-strike.com/APALS.html

they seem light enough and get more than 35hrs of use out of them. You can get them for less than $3 a piece if you shop around.

I think they have some replacement strips without adhesive for some of their other products if you look around.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30 PM »

Search finger lights... Buy a bag and go to town
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Did you see the video of the lighted balloon kites under the lighted arrow nocks thread? http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7945.msg71107#msg71107

Quick and easy - tape an LED to a 3 volt lithium button battery, then a bit of gaffers tape will hold it on the leading edge - total cost for 100 of them under $20

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
rob103
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 08:27 PM »

I think these show promise:

http://www.thatscoolwire.com/store/item.asp?Category=170&SubCategoryID=165&GroupID=&SKU=LED-PD-C

Jest_of_Eve

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19 AM »

Nice. Load up a Rev with lights and long lines; watch the UFO reports stream in, hehe.  Cheesy

http://www.jestofevekites.com
http://www.justin.tv/jest_of_eve

The Talon colourizer will increase your sex-drive and save the world from climate change and pixies!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change