GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darn Post office  (Read 2253 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41 PM »

I have  had a few close calls but I  have also found that Insurance seems to result in more careful handling. The insurance notice stuck onto the outside of the package seems to ring a bell. The insurance isn't significantly expensive.
Stoney

Interesting point.

In this case the Mojos were shippped with insurance.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:17 AM by Wayner » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32 PM »

WEll lucky for me the people at my branch know me pretty well now and its the main hub for my ares so I talked them into giving me a tour.  Now I though UPS workers were bad but they are saints in comparison.  I can tell you from what I saw when you get a box that has small tears, crushed corners or dents its damage from the sorter conveyors.  When you get one with major damage its the idiots that load the trucks.  In my branch its a mostly hispanic crew but my area is mostly hispanic (60% easily) so thats just demographics.  These guys just don't care.  I watched them take boxes marked "fragil, glass handle with care" and toss them 20 + feet into a trailer.  THey don't bother to stack for stability, sort sizes to fill gaps, take boxes marked Top load only and put them on the bottom and a host of other stupid stuff when no one was looking.

I this branch the supervisors are really on top of this and regularly check on the loaders.  ONe guy that got caught basically said "so what, thats what insurance is for".   He got fired on the spot.  I Don't blame the post office but have to blame the workers crappy attitude and unfortunately this type of attitude is becoming more prevalent in the younger generations.  There is just no pride in work or desire to do a good job anymore.  Just the "i'm here give me my pay" attitude.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:37 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
bt
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Mojo 9912 #3 arrived safely today...a couple pix in the photo section.
bt
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 10:53 PM »

My Mojo arrived today, the box look hideous!  I've never received a shipping box in such a bad shape. Looked like it had been bent in half. Good news is the kite is fine.
The common piece of these is a east coast Post Office.
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58 AM »

There is just no pride in work or desire to do a good job anymore.  Just the "i'm here give me my pay" attitude.

+2349875
i have 6 employees who make $12 or less an hour... its terrible - they dont give a &%#*... they think they have a right to work for an hourly wage.
I come from a place where having a good job.. or any job, was a privilege.

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 01:30 PM »

There is just no pride in work or desire to do a good job anymore.  Just the "i'm here give me my pay" attitude.

+2349875
i have 6 employees who make $12 or less an hour... its terrible - they dont give a &%#*... they think they have a right to work for an hourly wage.
I come from a place where having a good job.. or any job, was a privilege.
Maybe they will appreciate it more when they no longer have it Tongue 
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Yeah, your paying those attorneys WAY to much

have fun kurt
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 08:50 PM »

Yeah, your paying those attorneys WAY to much

Cheesy Cheesy +AAA1

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Never take a job that you are not willing to work at, or one that you are not willing to leave for a better opportunity.   

My grandfather told me this - I think it was his answer to the 'Peter Principle'.

6 kite tom
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document