GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 02:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talon SUL#4  (Read 1840 times)
Patchouli
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: March 27, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Today I spent a good chunk of time with my Talon SUL #4 from Jest of Eve kites. My Talon UL wouldn't stay up so I got his little brother out. Out the bag without the 5gr. velcro tail weight it was easy to do most trick I do with my other Talons like: one and two pop yoyo, back spin, JC and half axel cascade. So much I almost forgot it was an SUL. Lost of fun to fly.I tried new trick (for me!) like Taz machine...nice (well not all of them  Roll Eyes) but Talon SUL literally floats during the rotation. It was sweeeet an easy.

I was not able to do lazy Susan,  it is me I need to wait longer for a deeper turtle, and flic flac but this is a very light kite so that is understandable. The key is "gentle touch and small inputs”.

The SUL is not as tricky as the UL but it will trick and fly when the UL is on the ground. It is the most exciting SUL I have flown so far.

Hopefully this make sense.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:52 PM by patchouli » Logged

"If you do not live what you believe, you will end up believing what you live"
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56 AM »

Sounds nice! How much does it flex? Is it really that easy to fly or have you figured out the trick to tricking it?

I have a Nirvana WW that has 2 PTs and almost no mass. I'm not good at doing much of anything with it except axels. Of course I don't fly it much so maybe I just need more time with it.

Bob D.
Patchouli

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:27 AM »

How much does it flex?

Wind speed was between 6 - 9km/h. I didn't notice any flex in particular. Keep in mind the lower spreader is 3pt. I suppose it will flex on top of his wind range. According to Jest of Eve website Wing Range 2-10mph (3-16km/h).

Is it really that easy to fly or have you figured out the trick to tricking it?

Let me put it this way my UL wouldn't stay up so I put together my SUL, launched it and with the same input (as the UL) did a yoyo. The transition between the two kites was almost transparent.  Then I realized i didn't need that much input and slowly adapted to the kite. I am no expert but this kite make me feel like one. I would say it is a Taz machine machine because I couldn't do this trick before...

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38 AM »

6 km/h? I can fly all my ul's in that windspeed...
A SUL should fly in 2.

But nice you've had fun with it!
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20 PM »

6 km/h? I can fly all my ul's in that windspeed...
A SUL should fly in 2.

.... but not everyone is you, Krijn.  ;-)

(edited to take out the second 'i' I mistakenly added to Krijn's name)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:23 PM by madhabitz » Logged

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Patchouli

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:21 PM »

I have flow other SUL (Skyburner and Prism) at lower wind but I can't trick them.

Krijin Nice Talon set  Roll Eyes. Did you have success to fly the Talon SUL at lower wind speed or indoor? Tks for sharing.

Gamelord

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01 PM »

I kinda have to agree with the above, I normally fly my Widow Maker UL down to 2-3 mph winds and it tricks excellently...even in my novice hands.  I would expect an SUL to be very usable in the .5/1 to 5 mph range.  My Ocius SUL can fly in .5 mph inland winds with average foot work and tricks very nicely in the 1mph and up range with minimal foot work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography